Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. First post, although I?ve been ?lurking? for months.

Washing the car today, I noticed some rust on one of the bolts below the wing. I know rust is like cancer and early detection beats watchful waiting. I bought the car a month ago, 10k miles CPO and originally purchased 09/2016.

Should I be running back to the dealer to get this addressed under warranty? Or am I being neurotic? I?d like to catch I?t before major paint/body work needs to be done.. if I?t comes to that..

Thanks in advance ..

Attachments

·
Registered
897 Posts
Personally I’d stop by the dealer and have them make note of it but do note that my dealer is relatively close to my home and my sales guy is a great guy that I enjoy chatting with.

So basically if it’s convenient for you I’d stop buy and have them take a peak.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Water always pools up there, therefore not abnormal. Just dry that area after washing from now on, and it's not going to be an issue. But you could remove the bolts, sand them, and repaint them, so they look like new again;). Even in the freaking desert you find surface rust on suspension parts, etc. Don't worry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.