Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First order of business,... there are two caravans: one leaving from Naples, then meeting up with the Ft Lauderdale caravan before heading heading to Tesla. Really wanted to have folks from west coast come out. Scott (Black Z06) has organized a caravan leaving from Naples.

Ok... some of you may already know, Tesla Motors recently opened their S. Florida showroom off I-95 in Davie, FL. They will be hosting their first Cars & Coffee on Saturday, May 29th, from 7am - 10am. Let's show our support, get our cars out for a morning drive, check out these electric cars and have some coffee on Tesla. I have already contacted Tesla and they look forward to having us for this event.

Two caravan locations:
From Naples: Cracker Barrel off Tollgate Blvd.
Departure time from Cracker Barrel is at 6:30 - sharp!
3845 Tollgate Boulevard, Naples, FL
Cracker Barrel[Map it]

In Fort Lauderdale: Shoney's in Davie
Departure time from Shoney's is at 8:30. This should give the Naples caravan plenty of time to meet us @ Shoney's.
Shoney's [Map It]
2500 Davie Road
Plantation, FL 33317-7425

From Shoney's, it should take us about 10 mins drive to get to Tesla Motors.

PM me if you have questions. Who is in?

Chris

·
Registered
874 Posts
My wife and I traveled south from Melbourne to visit the Tesla Motors showroom this morning, although we arrived too late to participate in the caravan from Shoneys. I was impressed by the Tesla which is an amazing piece of machinery. I will not comment on the electric concept for automobiles but as an engineer I have to give Tesla credit for some excellent work making an electric car that looks quite fun to drive.

My wife and I were also quite impressed by the amazing array of high performance cars in Tesla's parking lot this morning incuding examples from Ferrari, Lotus, Nissan (GTR), Porsche, Dodge (Viper), and Chevrolet (Corvette). We had an opportunity to meet tachmiami, and he was willing to give both my wife and myself rides in his TPC turbo enhanced Cayman S.

I will almost certainly never buy a Tesla but I did find something today that excited my interest. While reading about the TPC turbo is tempting, after riding in one this mod is almost irresistible. It makes the Cayman into an entirely different experience. Tachmiami thinks his CS is quieter than stock, but I found that the growl of his engine under acceleration turns into a snarling beast at the same time the torque is making your head snap back against the seat. I was profoundly impressed and I want to publicly thank tachmiami for the opportunity to both meet him and ride in his very special Cayman. He was a gracious host to us and we appreciate the hospitality he offered us.

Thanks tach for a special treat! :thanks:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad you were able to come out today... though it's too bad we didn't get to meet in person. I did see Tach giving you and your wife a ride in his turbo'ed Cayman, and agree his car is definitely in a different league altogether.

I hope you and your wife had a good time in S. FL... and keep an eye out for future events that may be of interest.

My wife and I traveled south from Melbourne to visit the Tesla Motors showroom this morning, although we arrived too late to participate in the caravan from Shoneys. I was impressed by the Tesla which is an amazing piece of machinery. I will not comment on the electric concept for automobiles but as an engineer I have to give Tesla credit for some excellent work making an electric car that looks quite fun to drive.

My wife and I were also quite impressed by the amazing array of high performance cars in Tesla's parking lot this morning incuding examples from Ferrari, Lotus, Nissan (GTR), Porsche, Dodge (Viper), and Chevrolet (Corvette). We had an opportunity to meet tachmiami, and he was willing to give both my wife and myself rides in his TPC turbo enhanced Cayman S.

I will almost certainly never buy a Tesla but I did find something today that excited my interest. While reading about the TPC turbo is tempting, after riding in one this mod is almost irresistible. It makes the Cayman into an entirely different experience. Tachmiami thinks his CS is quieter than stock, but I found that the growl of his engine under acceleration turns into a snarling beast at the same time the torque is making your head snap back against the seat. I was profoundly impressed and I want to publicly thank tachmiami for the opportunity to both meet him and ride in his very special Cayman. He was a gracious host to us and we appreciate the hospitality he offered us.

Thanks tach for a special treat! :thanks:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
lspain,

It was a pleasure meeting you and your family today. I thought you would enjoy the ride. You now see getting the TPC turbo and your wife has eyes on the Panamera Turbo....can't lose either way. The group was going to eat at Grandfather's too but the parking wasn't right, but it did give me a chance to get a pic of the best looking cars at the GTG.

Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.