Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 214 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rico @ Safetech Composites sent me some pics and thought I'd share. If you have any questions, I'd contact Rico directly.

Rico Campos
Safetech Composites Inc.
14188 SW 139th Ct
Miami,Fl 33186
786-340 6180
786-326 4446 cel.

Planet-9 Username: RicoCamos
email: [email protected]
web: Coming Soon... (as of this writing, the website does not seem to be working)

·
Premium Member
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Some more pieces.

Enjoy!

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
Well I've got the wing on my car, pics have been in the gallery for a few months now, and I have a rather unique piece on the way to me shortly for another install and article. :) Rico says his web person is supposed to have something up shortly for a site, until then just call him.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Well I've got the wing on my car, pics have been in the gallery for a few months now, and I have a rather unique piece on the way to me shortly for another install and article. :) Rico says his web person is supposed to have something up shortly for a site, until then just call him.
I think I saw the rear hatch with exterior primer/underside exposed carbon that he is going to send you. For a different look I wouldn't mind having the hatch and hood with exposed carbon and a maybe a black roof to top it off.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Here is my spoiler from Safetech Composites. It fit perfectly with no issues. Rico did a great job and i would highly recommend them.

·
Former Member
1,685 Posts
Here is my spoiler from Safetech Composites. It fit perfectly with no issues. Rico did a great job and i would highly recommend them...
+1 for Safetech Composites / Rico, by new and so improved rear spoiler (fiberglass) is waiting for me to lay down some paint on it in the garage ;). Yours lOOks great Zinje.

zornet :):burnout:

·
Premium Member
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It looks great Zinje. I'm curious what it would look like painted (Guards Red) on my car. Unfortunately, I've already spent too much on spoilers having gone through Motor-Lux and ending up with Safetech.

-Moto

·
Registered
47 Posts
i have a couple questions about the safetech extended rear.

1st: is this the same extended rear spoiler that rennsport-1 was/is offering?
2nd: is there a long wait time for the wing in carbon?
3rd: is there any problems with matte carbon vs cleared carbon? i like the matte versions so much more, but if they are more prone to fading or any form of damage, then i will gauge what i want differently
:thanks:

·
Registered
85 Posts
kinda curious as to a couple of the questions asked by itsmeeeugene...well Im more curious about the answers...Anybody?!

·
Registered
47 Posts
kinda curious as to a couple of the questions asked by itsmeeeugene...well Im more curious about the answers...Anybody?!
Cat/J, i have contacted Rico and was immediately answered regarding my questions.

the wait time is not very long, as i contacted him about 2 weeks ago, and he had said 10 days, so they might already be available right now.

Also, the matte finish has the same UV protection as the cleared, so there will not be any faster premature wear and tear compared to the clear.

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
Cat/J, i have contacted Rico and was immediately answered regarding my questions.

the wait time is not very long, as i contacted him about 2 weeks ago, and he had said 10 days, so they might already be available right now.

Also, the matte finish has the same UV protection as the cleared, so there will not be any faster premature wear and tear compared to the clear.
Reminds me I need to call him and ask him about the hatch.... weather has warmed up, time to start the mods again!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Awesome, thanks a bunch itsmeeeugene... Ive been itching to swap out my Motor-Lux spoiler...been nothing but headaches since I put it on...poor fitment mostly

·
Registered
47 Posts
Awesome, thanks a bunch itsmeeeugene... Ive been itching to swap out my Motor-Lux spoiler...been nothing but headaches since I put it on...poor fitment mostly
np, from the looks of it, the safetech pieces look much better in quality. also, rico answered my questions very quickly, so +1 for him. :cheers:

·
Porsche Prophet
942 Posts
np, from the looks of it, the safetech pieces look much better in quality. also, rico answered my questions very quickly, so +1 for him. :cheers:

I could go on for hours regarding Motor-Lux and their poor quality, poor customer service, poor fit and finish...it cost me a significant amount of cash, time and patience in dealing with them...I for one am not sorry they are gone...
on the other hand I can't say enough on what a great guy Rico is...his product is by far heads and shoulders over Motor-Lux and any other CF manufacturer...his delivery is relatively quick...his prices are reasonable and the quality is excellent...his rear spoiler fits just like the original with the same set up. etc. here are some recent pics...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Alright, a year later the website has ZERO info. are we trying to sell something or what ?

Interested in doors, rear hatch, splitter.

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
To anyone that has this rear spoiler. Can you feel any additional downforce, or is it just for looks?

1 - 20 of 214 Posts