Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks

Long-time lurker, first time poster. I have placed my deposit down for a Sapphire Blue BGTS with unpainted Carrera S wheels. Delivery I believe should be September.

I am now waiting on a lock-down date from my dealer so am getting some feedback on the last option on which I am undecided - whom better to ask than you good folks :)

The question is simple: the Sapphire Blue is somewhat of a louder colour than I was initially planning on getting but after seeing it in the sun the depth of the colour is amazing. The question is whether to go for the full GTS exterior pack in black, or, leave those parts unpainted which would result in a less loud combination.

How much more loud does the GTS exterior package make the car, as this would be my primary concern? In a way, I was thinking leaving those bits in black plastic may tone the colour down a bit.

Thanks!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Go for more contrast...meaning GTS exterior package which gives a gloss finish. I personally don't think Sapphire is overly loud to begin with...it will blend in well but still be classy and deep the more you look at it.

Reactions: spaceman and Persy

·
Registered
182 Posts
What he said :)

·
Registered
737 Posts
I think it depends on the exterior colour. I think for Sapphire Blue, the GTS exterior package will look rather good, but then again, I nearly selected Sapphire Blue for my GTS, and I was perfectly prepared to avoid the GTS external package, so what do I know?

I will say this... Sapphire Blue exterior.... Go for the Amber Orange interior. That will look smoking!

Reactions: Milehigh981

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Contrast is something that works well. (For my Racing Yellow GTS, I made sure I selected the black satin rims to pick pick up the black accents of lettering, mirrors and front and rear splitter/diffuser).

But, I think the metallic look rims works better with the blue color -- black rims on the Sapphire doesn't give a great contrast. Maybe get the PORSCHE lettering in chrome and tail pipe in chrome to help with contrast. ??

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Local dealer here had a Sapphire GTS with glossy black exterior package. My wife and I agreed it would have looked better flat black, and better still in body color.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There was then a guards red BGTS with front spoiler in the glossy black and thought it would look OTT and detracted from the red. Similar comment on an agate grey BGTS, the shiny black is almost too shiny . . . well each to their own I guess. Does anyone own a sapphire blue with GTS ext package, if so could I trouble you for one or two pics from the front? thanks :)

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I thought hard about this when I ordered. Many posts spoke of paint chipping on the gloss black. I decided to put the money elsewhere and have zero regrets. In fact, against the liquid metal looking GT silver, I never even thought about it until I saw your post.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
I think this decision hinges more on the interior colour choice than the exterior, and how that interacts with the roll bars. If the top of the interior and, thus, the front of your roll bars are going to be black, then by all means get the GTS exterior package. The black ties in really nicely and brings it all together and having the roll bars glossy just adds a touch of class over the unpainted versions.

If you're getting the interior in some other colour, such as the Agate/Amber combo, then I'd want the roll bars to be body coloured to add contrast since the black won't match the interior anyway.

Ultimately, only you can decide. When choosing my combo, the only other viable option I was considering was Sapphire Blue with Agate/Amber interior and in that combo, I'd have had the roll bars body coloured. With my GR and Black/Luxor, I went for the GTS exterior package and love the result.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for everyone's replies! For any non-exterior GTS pack owners out there, is the top of the roll bars black plastic or is it satin black? Thanks folks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts