Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

I am still hesitating between these 2 different colours for my GT4.
I have seen plenty of hi-res pictures of Sapphire blue (especially thanks to the amazing pics of NYC reunions), but not so many high-red pictures of Racing Yellow.

Racing Yellow owners, would you be so kind to upload a few nice pictures of your GT4?
I have chosen the racing yellow exterior with yellow stitching inside

Thanks a lot
Alex

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
The PAG press releases have a number of GT4 in Racing Yellow photos...
I can say that the Sapphire Blue is mighty nice, but RY is just stunning -- at least that's my position and sticking to it -- yea, my CGTS is RY. !! seriously, the two colors evoke different responses. The Blue is a "pretty" color and people feel that way when they see it -- IMO,,, but RY just shouts out loud and brash -- and that is what people feel with they see my RY GTS. Sapphire Blue is pretty, but racing Yellow is FUN. The slogan I used to justify the color --- " A FUN color for a FUN car !"
D

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I'm voting for RY. U have to see it in the flesh in the sunshine to believe it! I had a RY 981 CS this past year and just loved it. My wife and I both liked it better than any other color, which surprised both of us. This GT4 photo i took a couple months ago isn't my GT4, but I'm posting it anyway...

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm voting for RY. U have to see it in the flesh in the sunshine to believe it! I had a RY 981 CS this past year and just loved it. My wife and I both liked it better than any other color, which surprised both of us. This GT4 photo i took a couple months ago isn't my GT4, but I'm posting it anyway...
Thanks for the picture, indeed it looks amazing. Now that I watched the other thread on GT4 colours I am hesitating with the Carmine Red also since the Voodoo blue is not available here in Belgium.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The PAG press releases have a number of GT4 in Racing Yellow photos...
I can say that the Sapphire Blue is mighty nice, but RY is just stunning -- at least that's my position and sticking to it -- yea, my CGTS is RY. !! seriously, the two colors evoke different responses. The Blue is a "pretty" color and people feel that way when they see it -- IMO,,, but RY just shouts out loud and brash -- and that is what people feel with they see my RY GTS. Sapphire Blue is pretty, but racing Yellow is FUN. The slogan I used to justify the color --- " A FUN color for a FUN car !"
D
I agree, indeed that's what I said to myself when I put down my order a few months ago. It's a special car, it's not a DD, I need a fun and flashy color. That's why I was also thinking about Carmine red. I already have an Agata Grey Boxster S with red roof as a DD.
I saw one red GT4 at Porsche Brussels but I am not sure it's the carmine red or the standard Guards red.

IMG_3063.jpg

·
Vendor
6,483 Posts
my two cents: I'd say fun car should be carmine red or racing yellow. Red is classic, yellow is a bit more wild.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my two cents: I'd say fun car should be carmine red or racing yellow. Red is classic, yellow is a bit more wild.
Thanks for your 2 cents. Indeed I think I have to choose between CR and RY. Sapphire Blue is amazing but a bit too "normal" for this type of car.

Good thing of RED is the red callipers matching the exterior. Plus I can also have ref seatbelt and red stitching. With RY I would need to paint the callipers in yellow to to have a match (PCCB are out of question)

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
I think Guards Red is better than Carmine, for what it's worth. It's much more vibrant.

·
Vendor
6,483 Posts
I think Guards Red is better than Carmine, for what it's worth. It's much more vibrant.
I think exactly opposite. Guards is kinda a little bleached and Carmine (right) is very vibrant. I was thinking about red 981, but carmine wasn't available at the beginning, and guards didn't look saturated enough for me. So I went with my usual black :)

Even this pic is a bit artificially saturated. One need to see the colors in person to really know what it looks.

·
Registered
666 Posts
+1 on the above. Carmine is brighter and deeper. It appears much more glossy side by side. I saw a GTS in Carmine Red with some glossy finished black accent,s and to my eye, overall it appeared too glossy. However color is subjective, so there is no right or wrong answer. You will have to order the color that excites you.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Before I bought, I really wanted the Carmine Red, even with the price premium. I wound up with Guards Red and now prefer it, although I hadn't previously seen the two side by side, as in T-Design's photo (thanks for that!). I think that the message is that there is an excellent chance that you will be happy with whatever you choose.

Enjoy, and you will.

·
Registered
408 Posts
It's hard to judge a vehicle's color with the compound curves like a Cayman in a static photograph... I would recommend trying to find videos of the colors you want to compare, such as from online media reviews. I feel it's a lot easier to judge from a moving video... than a static photo, which tend to have a lot more photoshopping / unrealistic postproduction to them.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Select an interior color and accents that excite you, as that is what you will see when you are driving it. The exterior color is for everyone you pass and who are behind you!

But, if you still care about the exterior color, I vote for the Carmine Red; it is both richer and rarer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I also prefer Carmine red over Guards red (at least on picture). Still cannot decide between the RY and the CR.
I think you guys lean more towards the red here, thanks for sharing your feedbacks. If you have more pics please do not hesitate!

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
It's hard to judge a vehicle's color with the compound curves like a Cayman in a static photograph...

Is is very true especially on this car. Try to go to a Porsche event or dealer if you can and see the colors in person on a 981. The issue is that they are all gorgeous colors for this car in a unique way. Also, the pics are difficult for seeing the depth of the paint. One you pick the color, then you get to agonize over wheel color!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I also prefer Carmine red over Guards red (at least on picture). Still cannot decide between the RY and the CR.
I think you guys lean more towards the red here, thanks for sharing your feedbacks. If you have more pics please do not hesitate!
I, too, am struggling to decide on color. I'm stuck between Jet Black Metallic and Sapphire Blue Metallic(originally I ordered Dark Blue Metallic, but it's no longer available). My first Cayman was Meteor Gray, understated but quite pleasing. For my GT4 the SBM is calling to me, but the JBM is so classic. Regardless, I'm going to get the Satin Black Wheels(or as my SA's typo had them Satan Black Wheels(I know the car is badass but this adds a new dimension!)). I've warmed to the Carmine Red and Racing Yellow, but I'm focused on my two top choices. The JBM will require constant upkeep, the SBM just screams "I'm here!". Obviously, I'm wavering, some of your thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Try to go to a Porsche event or dealer if you can and see the colors in person on a 981. The issue is that they are all gorgeous colors for this car in a unique way. Also, the pics are difficult for seeing the depth of the paint. One you pick the color, then you get to agonize over wheel color!
I have been in every dealer around me, but unfortunately very few GT4 around here. The one I tried was silver but it didn't excite me too much.
The red one was very eye-catching but I had to compare with the yellow to really make up my mind.

Anyone around me (meaning Germany or Netherland also OK!) with a RY GT4?
Thanks

1 - 20 of 49 Posts