Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that are interested, I've been waiting to order my new cayman and I've been considering colour options but don't have the guts to take a 'punt' on sapphire blue despite really liking aqua without being able to see it. My dealer has got the codes for the colour and is making me up a sample. What I'll do is take a few pictures of the sample and try to put it up next to an aqua blue for comparisons sake! Will take my DSLR along and hopefully get a few decent pictures. I appreciate that there are suspected pictures of a 991 GT3 in sapphire blue but I just figured I'd share this as it doesn't seem to be something that is widely available yet. Will keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I know this because if they made it to dark it would be just like the Dark blue. Sapphire is a replacement for Aqua and they aren't going to make it so much different to loose people drawn to that color.

If you set the configurator up in 3D -night mode the colors are much closer and you can see the difference.

The US Cayman Configurator shows all the blues still and you can see the difference.
Model overview - Modelstart - HOME - Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG

But here they all are Aqua, Sapphire and Dark blue respectively.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I know this because if they made it to dark it would be just like the Dark blue. Sapphire is a replacement for Aqua and they aren't going to make it so much different to loose people drawn to that color.

If you set the configurator up in 3D -night mode the colors are much closer and you can see the difference.

The US Cayman Configurator shows all the blues still and you can see the difference.

Yeah I see what you're saying there; I guess I was just very interested to see an more photo of it so I thought I may as well share it in case anyone else is thinking the same!

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
It's only slightly darker than Aqua blue
Actually, Sapphire Blue is considerably lighter than Aqua. It's not darker.

Reactions: norberts

·
Registered
659 Posts

Thanks for the tip on the 3D and night time version. It makes a big difference. Looks awesome online. Nice with some black wheels

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Actually, Sapphire Blue is considerably lighter than Aqua. It's not darker.
Based off the above colors and the Configurator this information leads me to Dissagree with you.:taunt:
But once they get paint samples in the truth will be known.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Based off the above colors and the Configurator this information leads me to Dissagree with you.:taunt:
But once they get paint samples in the truth will be known.
Aqua Blue on left. Sapphire Blue on right. You're welcome. :kiss:

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
My dealer said it's darker, anyway they said they will have the sample ready for me tomorrow!
Dealers say the darnest things. Dealers are wrong 80% of the time.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Looks like that GT3 picture that has been floating around is pretty accurate.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Well, why didn't you post that to start with???:crazy:

Just saying... But Im not digging that light blue, also they really screwed up the configurator if its that much lighter in blue.

·
Registered
170 Posts
looks strikingly like BMWs move from LeMans back to Estoril on Msport cars. interesting. the lighter bright blues are back.

1 - 20 of 235 Posts