Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

181 - 200 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
I saw one on the road yesterday in Los Angeles and it was stunning! Saw it oncoming from a quarter mile away...subtle, it isn't!
Hmmm, cop magnet maybe?

I really need to see the Dark Blue Metallic next to the Sapphire since these are the only 2 blues available now.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm going to change up the topic a bit here in the hopes that someone can offer an educated opinion (or at least lead me to a thread that can.)

I'm sad to say that a week after picking up my Sapphire 911 in Stuttgart, I started getting all sorts of engine warnings and the car kept dying on me when it went below 10 MPH. I called Porsche and they told me not to drive it anymore and they would have it towed back to Germany to fix it (I was in France by then.)

So here's the question... Do I let them fix it and then send it back to the U.S., or do I scream bloody murder and tell them to keep that car in Germany and let me order a new one? I honestly don't know my rights in this sort of situation and am hoping someone else might.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I'm going to change up the topic a bit here in the hopes that someone can offer an educated opinion (or at least lead me to a thread that can.)

I'm sad to say that a week after picking up my Sapphire 911 in Stuttgart, I started getting all sorts of engine warnings and the car kept dying on me when it went below 10 MPH. I called Porsche and they told me not to drive it anymore and they would have it towed back to Germany to fix it (I was in France by then.)

So here's the question... Do I let them fix it and then send it back to the U.S., or do I scream bloody murder and tell them to keep that car in Germany and let me order a new one? I honestly don't know my rights in this sort of situation and am hoping someone else might.

Thanks!!!
Let 'em fix it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hmmm.... That's an interesting predicament. I sold have them tow it and diagnose what the problem is. If its an easy fix, then have them fix it. If its complex or multiple issues with the car, then start screaming.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hmmm.... That's an interesting predicament. I sold have them tow it and diagnose what the problem is. If its an easy fix, then have them fix it. If its complex or multiple issues with the car, then start screaming.
That sounds sensible. Let's see if I can remain calm enough to be sensible. I'm just afraid it will affect resale value if I'm asked about the repair history. And given that the car is only a week old, I'd like to think that some sort of "return" policy applies.

Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Okay, someone has to say it: sapphire blue is subaru blue !!!

I want to upgrade to a 981 CS and I want another blue car. But dark blue metallic though classy, is close to black, going to be hard to clean, and a bit too conservative for a sport car. And sapphire blue reminds me of a WRX, too bright, like teenager's car, see it these days on compacts and pickups. Bring back the happy medium, Lapis Blue!

Sorry for the rant, I'll go back to lurking...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Okay, someone has to say it: sapphire blue is subaru blue !!!

I want to upgrade to a 981 CS and I want another blue car. But dark blue metallic though classy, is close to black, going to be hard to clean, and a bit too conservative for a sport car. And sapphire blue reminds me of a WRX, too bright, like teenager's car, see it these days on compacts and pickups. Bring back the happy medium, Lapis Blue!

Sorry for the rant, I'll go back to lurking...
Do you think? I'm not that in to bright blue usually, but I've seen an Estoril Blue 328i and thought it looked great. Sapphire Blue looks like a lighter version of that. Amazing in the sunlight.

I have an Anthracite with Black/Luxor interior on order and now I'm having second thoughts. I look at pictures of Sapphire Blue and the Anthracite side by side and the blue looks like a sporty, fun car while the Anthracite, while classy, sort of looks like the color of asphalt. No disrespect to Anthracite owners; when the sun hits it the golden highlights are great. I also like that in some lights it looks like titanium, almost like Agate Gray.

I'm going to drive to LA to see the Beverly Hills Porsche dealer's Sapphire Blue.

Decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Sdbuzzcut,

Please keep us posted on your thoughts after seeing it in person.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Sdbuzzcut,

Please keep us posted on your thoughts after seeing it in person.
Yes, and a few pictures would be great. I'm too far away from nearest dealer to see one in person, and they generally stock the usual colors anyway...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mike Ludes at Capital Porsche in Tallahassee, FL put together this mosaic of the blue colors on Boxsters. Top left is Aqua Blue, Top Right is Dark Blue Metallic and at the bottom the trunk edge of my Boxster in Sapphire Blue. One picture is with flash and the other is without. Hope this helps anyone trying to decide on which color.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Lastly, here she is waiting for me to pick her up on Monday.
Congrats. Looks awesome.

And I'm so relieved to see that my colour choice was a good one (sight unseen).

·
Registered
632 Posts
rsboxster, how long did it take from the time the ship docked to the time your car arrived at the dealership?

181 - 200 of 235 Posts