Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

201 - 220 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Re: Here is my new Sapphire Blue during today's delivery

lovely looking color.. i now have doubts about choosing red ... post more pictures please !

·
Registered
632 Posts
From having my sapphire blue for a few days now, I guess the main difference I noticed with this color is that it changes depending on what lighting condition you see it in. Unlike aqua blue, that color has a very consistent deep blue in all lighting condition. I think both blues are fantastic colors. I guess sapphire blue is a little more edgier/sportier blue, if you can call it that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Any update?
No good update, I'm afraid. Porsche insisted I have the car shipped back to Stuttgart for service and apparently it sustained some "minor" damage in the towing. The car is still in Germany and I am maintaining that I should get a replacement but Porsche will not commit to that. It really sucks. You would think when you spend a $120,000 on a vehicle you would get better treatment than this.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Cool Blue!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Would love to see what that color looks like at night too! My guess is that it would carry a lot of its own luminosity.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am excited to get My new Sapphire Blue Cayman that just arrived at the Dealership after waiting 2 months for it. But I am a little nervous because I was never able to find another Sapphire Blue Porsche in Northern California, I hope I like the Color because I am comitted

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Ok, As promised, I drove up to the dealer in Charlotte to check out the new Sapphire Blue Cayman S that just arrived. I took some pics for you guys/girls. It was rainy and overcast, and I am, by no means, a professional photographer. So the pics aren't the greatest. :( I took them with my I phone and tried to get some closer shots of the paint. So please excuse the ones, where half of the car is cut-off. Haha. I have had a really hard time deciding on color combos. I am down to Red, White, or Sapphire Blue exterior. Don't even get me started on interior. I literally change my mind 5 to 10 times a day. I won't be ordering until right around Christmas so I have plenty of time to drive myself crazy, I guess!!! Seriously, if I had to choose today, it would most definitely be the blue!!! It looked very bright compared to the other colors near it, but I believe that it wouldn't be too loud out on it's own, if that makes any sense.

Ok. Here are a couple of observations that might interest you. If I had to describe the blue in one word, it would be "sporty" Even though it was overcast, it grabbed my attention abruptly. I thought it made the red boxter and white carrera, next to it look quite "dim" in comparison. That may be because of the weather or maybe the wheels on the Sapphire set it off. I'm not really sure, so take it for what it's worth. I also noticed that there was an Estoril Blue 3 series very close by, at the BMW dealership, next door. While the two colors are similar, being able to glance at the BMW and then back to the Cayman, enabled me to get a good comparison of the two colors. I noticed that the Sapphire is slightly darker than Estoril. It wasn't a huge difference, but it was enough for me to definitely notice . Well, enough of my rambling. Here are the pics. Wish it would have been a nicer day. Enjoy.
Great photos! I just decided based on your pictures that this will be the color/wheel combo I am getting. I am ordering a CS in December so I can get it in time for Spring. Love the Sapphire Blue on this car!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I am excited to get My new Sapphire Blue Cayman that just arrived at the Dealership after waiting 2 months for it. But I am a little nervous because I was never able to find another Sapphire Blue Porsche in Northern California, I hope I like the Color because I am comitted
How long did it take from when you placed the order until when the car got to the dealership? They are telling me 3 months.

·
Registered
117 Posts
My wait is going to be closer to 4 months, but it depends on where your dealer has slots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Re: Here is my new Sapphire Blue during today's delivery

Very nice color with those satin wheels! Enjoy in good health!
FWIW
This is a good example of why I generally tell people to not rely on web photos when it comes to evaluating exterior colors. The pics in your above post show an Aqua Blue car, but they in fact are pics of toneaster's Sapphire car.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Today was the day for me to order my Cayman S

I did it. I ordered a new 2014 Sapphire Blue Cayman S. I also drove a car on the dealer's lot today (for the fourth time). It was spectacular!

I can't wait! Delivery on or about 4/1 give or take a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Great color! Which interior color?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Black interior

Here are the details:
Sapphire Blue Metallic
Infotainment Package with BOSE® Surround Sound System
Premium Package i.c.w. Power Sport Seats (14-way)
Power Sport Seats (14-way)
Seat Ventilation
Standard Interior in Black
SportDesign Steering Wheel in Alcantara®
Rear Side Air Intakes Painted in Exterior Color
Rear Fascia Painted
Bi-Xenon™ headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
Sport Exhaust System
Sport Chrono Package (i.c.w. PCM)
Manual Transmission
19-inch Cayman S Wheels
Wheels Painted in Black
Seat Belts in Guards Red

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sapphire Blue I ran across
IMG_2455.jpg

201 - 220 of 235 Posts