Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

221 - 235 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sorry for bumping such an old thread, but I just picked up a Sapphire Blue Cayman. I LOVE this color. It just pops.

The car is a 2014 CPO base Cayman with Premium Package, 19" Boxster S wheels, Multifunction wheel, Infotainment with Sound Package Plus, Heated Steering wheel and Seat Ventilation. Also has colored wheel crests.

Originally, I was looking at either Agate or Guards Red with SportDesign steering wheel. I really didn't like the MF at all, but after using it for a few days in my commute, I love it. The best of both worlds would be a wheel similar to the Macan, but I have no regrets.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Congratulations! Fantastic colour --- but as others on this forum have said before, I may be biased. I had narrowed my top three colour choices to Carrara White Metallic, Dark Blue Metallic, and Guards Red (ok maybe Anthracite Brown was also in the mix). As I was "window shopping" during one of my many Sunday afternoon strolls through the vast dealer lot, I spotted a Sapphire Blue Cayman. It was quite a ways in the distance but it really stood out among the white, silver, and black cars that dominated the parking lot. I had never seen Sapphire Blue in person and the colour didn't really register for me on the web configurator. As I got closer and eventually walked around to take in the various angles I knew that I had a new front runner. It was a quick process of elimination as not only did I love the colour, but I rationalized that it would be better than my other choices for dealing with dirt and salt (winter is hell). I'm glad I got to see the colour in person, otherwise I likely would not have made that decision.

I went with the same Boxster S wheels and coloured crests. While the 20 inch wheels are lovely to look at, may improve handling depending on driving style, and are an ideal choice where roads are smooth (which is not the case where I live), I decided that since I will be using my CS as a daily driver, the 19 inch rims would make for a less tireing (spelling and pun intended) ride.

If you're up for a quick mod, consider the clear lenses for the side markers. I think they look great with the blue paint and bright rims.

Enjoy your ride.

·
Registered
32 Posts
BTW, the colour goes well with your BBQ...:)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I went with the same Boxster S wheels and coloured crests. While the 20 inch wheels are lovely to look at, may improve handling depending on driving style, and are an ideal choice where roads are smooth (which is not the case where I live), I decided that since I will be using my CS as a daily driver, the 19 inch rims would make for a less tireing (spelling and pun intended) ride.

If you're up for a quick mod, consider the clear lenses for the side markers. I think they look great with the blue paint and bright rims.

Enjoy your ride.
Agreed. Love the look of the 20's, but between the need for PASM to make the ride quality decent and the cost of 20" tires, the 19's are the best compromise. They still look great.

Clear sidemarkers are definitely on the docket!

BTW, the colour goes well with your BBQ...:)
Haha, yes it does! Blue and red are my favorite colors. I've owned a lot of red things, but this is my first blue car. It is a stunning color...I am very lucky to have found one in this color, with 99% of the options I wanted (plus more!).

·
Registered
848 Posts
Sapphire Blue is definitely the best colour. We have more compliments on the colour than anything. More photos at: Porsche (and PCCB makes a nice contrast).

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm looking for a 981 Cayman S, and Sapphire Blue is by far my favorite color. I also like the Luxor beige interior, but so far have come across exactly zero cars with that exterior/interior color combination.

Does anyone know if Luxor beige interoir was available with Sapphire blue exterior?

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Yes I believe that color combo was available. The problem is finding a used 981 sapphire blue in the first place. Most owners usually stay away from any colors other than black, white or silver fearing it would be hard to sell the car later on. If and once you find a sapphire blue, the chances of finding one with the beige interior are probably very slim.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have a Boxster in that color combo. It was available just depended on what the person doing the ordering wanted.

I'm looking for a 981 Cayman S, and Sapphire Blue is by far my favorite color. I also like the Luxor beige interior, but so far have come across exactly zero cars with that exterior/interior color combination.

Does anyone know if Luxor beige interoir was available with Sapphire blue exterior?

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
91 Posts

Thanks for any info.
I've been keeping an eye out for a 2016 CS sapphire blue and found 1 in the entire country. I currently have a 2015 base an was considering the S.

221 - 235 of 235 Posts