Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
This all points to a compensatory civil lawsuit. Insurance not covering enough on both ends... Rider being careless after the accident...medical bills... punitive damages...car repair bills...

Maybe an attorney on this forum could volunteer some of their time for free or a discounted rate if they so please. Throw in some free advertising for his/her law office. That's going to be the most bang for buck from what I see.

And if he doesn't make enough money the courts will garnish his future wages. He has liquid assets. Would never want to strip a man to the bone of their essentials and life, but YammieNoob is showing no remorse and further drives the nail in by trolling and looking to make money off the accident.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I wonder if he'll see any jail time for causing a crash like this with a suspended license. Anyone from TX know?

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
I wonder if he'll see any jail time for causing a crash like this with a suspended license. Anyone from TX know?
I'm not from Texas, but in most States driving with a suspended license is a misdemeanor. The punishment is typically an increase in the amount of time the license is suspended and a monetary fine of a few hundred dollars.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
I'm not from Texas, but in most States driving with a suspended license is a misdemeanor. The punishment is typically an increase in the amount of time the license is suspended and a monetary fine of a few hundred dollars.
It's not just driving with a suspended license. It's compounded by reckless driving. Knowingly and willingly reckless. And nearly causing a fatal accident. I wish he could be prosecuted for attempted murder.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
It's not just driving with a suspended license. It's compounded by reckless driving. Knowingly and willingly reckless. And nearly causing a fatal accident. I wish he could be prosecuted for attempted murder.
The appropriate charge would be reckless endangerment. Although it's a class 3 misdemeanor, a judge has the power to sentence someone convicted of this charge to six months jail time.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The appropriate charge would be reckless endangerment. Although it's a class 3 misdemeanor, a judge has the power to sentence someone convicted of this charge to six months jail time.
I don't know where you are, but the Texas criminal laws do not include the offense of "reckless endangerment," and in those laws, there's no such thing as a "class 3 misdemeanor."

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi K-Man S,
I've been following this crash......just awful. I have a couple questions with the gofundme thing though. Usually it's done by the people involved. Does the driver know about this? Are you in contact with him? I think it would be a good idea for him to be active in all this. Get the info first hand if that makes sense. I think it's great that people are stepping up for him though!

·
Super Moderator
13,809 Posts
Thats some guy in CO speaking in general terms. You need to go find the exact statute in the TX code. Every state is different. Go here Texas Constitution and Statutes - Home try to find something called "reckless endangerment" There might be something similar but I couldn't find anything. Also, TX does not have misdemeanors by class numbers, but by letters, a, b, c, which is probably the same thing. See Texas Misdemeanor Crimes by Class and Sentences | Criminal Law

·
Administrator
34,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Peter has asked me to close the campaign to help him as we've been able to help him cover his out of pocket expenses. He did give me approval to start a new campaign specifically focused on saving the car itself. Please see the new GoFundMe campaign link in the first message in this topic thread. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
20 Posts
The driver of the motorcycle is fine. He is already riding again and has another motorcycle. He also has a gofundme page for his expenses. He has never acknowledged hitting Peter or apologized. Most of his videos center around a boulder on the side of the road. This guy is a real tool. I hope Peter sues him. It did take place in Texas.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think it is a great thing you are doing here. I made my donation this morning. If everybody here gave 10 or 25 dollars we could have this done by the end of the day.

·
Registered
244 Posts
The driver of the motorcycle is fine. He is already riding again and has another motorcycle. He also has a gofundme page for his expenses. He has never acknowledged hitting Peter or apologized. Most of his videos center around a boulder on the side of the road. This guy is a real tool. I hope Peter sues him. It did take place in Texas.
He's definitely a POS alright as are many of his fans on youtube. I couldn't even find the crash video, but apparently theirs a whole bunch of video's talking about the crash and the rider with 10K+ views. I didn't even know people video themselves riding down the street for 10-minutes and then overdub a bunch of commentary about something else...the stuff people watch on youtube...

·
Vendor
6,484 Posts
So did we reach the $25K goal of the first campaign? I donated one of the first, but this now looks like a different campaign for more money. $25K is good chunk of money. It would be nice to see exact uncovered medical bills and insurance gap, before donating further...

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Thats some guy in CO speaking in general terms. You need to go find the exact statute in the TX code. Every state is different. Go here Texas Constitution and Statutes - Home try to find something called "reckless endangerment" There might be something similar but I couldn't find anything. Also, TX does not have misdemeanors by class numbers, but by letters, a, b, c, which is probably the same thing. See Texas Misdemeanor Crimes by Class and Sentences | Criminal Law
I understand Chow, but I was replying to the assertion by a poster that no States had that criminal charge.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
He's definitely a POS alright as are many of his fans on youtube. I couldn't even find the crash video, but apparently theirs a whole bunch of video's talking about the crash and the rider with 10K+ views. I didn't even know people video themselves riding down the street for 10-minutes and then overdub a bunch of commentary about something else...the stuff people watch on youtube...
What's pathetic is that some people will do almost anything, regardless of how stupid, just to get attention.

·
Registered
62 Posts
So did we reach the $25K goal of the first campaign? I donated one of the first, but this now looks like a different campaign for more money. $25K is good chunk of money. It would be nice to see exact uncovered medical bills and insurance gap, before donating further...
agree. his full coverage insurance should be able to at least get his car fixed. it looks very serious but really just the front portion need to be replace. it's 7k for the sheet metal. used is front end all over the place. can't see a reason to start donating again.

·
Registered
559 Posts
agree. his full coverage insurance should be able to at least get his car fixed. it looks very serious but really just the front portion need to be replace. it's 7k for the sheet metal. used is front end all over the place. can't see a reason to start donating again.
Haven't donated yet because I just don't understand this at all. If the Cayman driver was insured, where is his insurance company? If the company won't pay to the extent of his coverage, he can sue. It is a miserable thing to have happen, no doubt, but something does not add up here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
34,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
25k was never the goal of the first campaign, simply the default during the setup process, we ended that campaign with a little over 3k collected to help offset Peters out of pocket expenses not covered by either insurance company.

The second campaign is at about 1k and it is designed to try and buy the car back from the insurance company who settled with Peter on the totaled car. It would be nice to save the car but if we can't save it then maybe rescue some parts off it or something, still exploring options.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 53 Posts