1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watkins Glen International 2 Day Event July 12 & 13 - $545

Monday July 12 - Tuesday July 13
2790 County Route 16, Watkins Glen, NY 14891

The Sports Car Driving Association, LLC is excited about our upcoming return to Watkins Glen International. This high performance driving event is being held on Monday July 12 and Tuesday July 13. For 2010 we are pleased to let our customers know that more track time will now be provided: 5 x 30 minute sessions Each Day! Watkins Glen, located at the southern tip of Lake Seneca in Watkins Glen, New York is one of the premier permanent road courses in North America. This first class 3.4 mile facility hosted the United States Grand Prix for many years, and now the track is one of two road courses that Nascar Nextel Cup races on. This is the same track that drivers from Jeff Gordon to Jackie Stewart have driven on! Clark, Hill, Stewart, Fittipaldi, Andretti are just a handful of motorsports icons that have contributed to the history of Watkins Glen. In an effort to provide maximum levels of safety, quality, and fun at our events, the SCDA will provide trained and certified SCCA flaggers at the corner stations. This ensures that our drivers can focus on one thing- improving their driving skills. SCDA Spec Miatas are available for this event as well! Each participant can expect five driving sessions each day; one on one in car Instruction (if needed) and Classroom Instruction each day. "The Glen" is a track that you must put on your "To Drive" List!

Watkins Glen events are $295 for a single day and $545 for a two consecutive day event. This page will register you for the TWO DAY Event. If you wish to register for both July 12 & July 13 and receive the two day event discount, please be sure to sign up for the two-day event below.
Click Here for track information on the Watkins Glen facility.
Click Here to view the daily schedule. https://www.scda1.com/documents/wgi_july_revised.doc
See you at the track!

Click here to REGISTER: https://www.scda1.com/events/detail_by_id/667474082

Become our fan on Facebook:

·
Registered
882 Posts
The Watkins Glen two day event might be interesting. I wonder how many Porsches would turn up. Most of their pictures are of other marques. ??

Has anyone had experience with this event before?? Ed

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
I've done the 2-day event twice at Watkins Glen with SCDA. This was before I had my purchased my Porsche.

We had a good mix of cars up to and including some Ferrari F360's, Porsches, and tiny Lotuses blasting around.

These guys run a first class event with an emphasis on safety and classroom instruction for the beginner groups.

Here are some of the photos my friend took of the event:

Watkins Glen Track Days # 2 & 3 Photo Gallery by pistolpete13 at pbase.com

·
Registered
882 Posts
I've done the 2-day event twice at Watkins Glen with SCDA. This was before I had my purchased my Porsche.

We had a good mix of cars up to and including some Ferrari F360's, Porsches, and tiny Lotuses blasting around.

These guys run a first class event with an emphasis on safety and classroom instruction for the beginner groups.

Here are some of the photos my friend took of the event:

Watkins Glen Track Days # 2 & 3 Photo Gallery by pistolpete13 at pbase.com
Thanks. Let me think about joining the July event. But not too long. I suspect it sells out quite quickly. Thanks again. Ed

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Watkins Glen two day event might be interesting. I wonder how many Porsches would turn up. Most of their pictures are of other marques. ??

Has anyone had experience with this event before?? Ed

Hello,

This is Elivan from SCDA, to answer your question, we do have quite a few Porsches turn up at our events. I would venture to say that a large percentange of the cars are Porsche. We welcome all marques at our event, and can assure you that we pride ourselves on running the finest HPDE in the Northeast. We welcome you all to come to one of our events. Feel free to take a look at our website, www.scda1.com for additional info. Also check out the auction block where we have our first three events posted. You can get a pretty good deal on the entry fee.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts