Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Schnell Autosports Weekly Sale Thread - 10/27 - 11/2

Looking to improve the stopping power of your 987 Boxster S/Cayman S? Today's sale is just the thing for you.

Get better braking feel by replacing your brake fluid with Torque RT700 DOT 4 brake fluid, upgrading to a larger master cylinder, and replacing your stock rubber brake hoses with braided brake lines.

Package 1 contains the following:
Two bottles of Torque RT700 brake fluid
GT3 master cylinder
Steel braided brake hose set with clear protective jacket.

MSRP: $731.30
Package 1 Sale Price: $416

Package 2 contains everything in Package 1, but adds Sebro slotted rotors and Pagid Racing's RS29 (Yellow) brake pads to help you get better, more consistent braking performance.

Package 2 contains the following:
GT3 master cylinder
Front left & front right Sebro slotted brake rotors
Rear left & rear right Sebro slotted brake rotors
Pagid Racing RS29 (Yellow) front brake pad set
Pagid Racing RS29 (Yellow) rear brake pad set

MSRP: $1963.48
Package 2 Sale Price: $1520

Package 3 is similar to Package 2, but instead of the Sebro rotors, you get Girodisc's larger direct replacement rotor upgrade, to provide you with even more braking force and cooling capacity.

Package 3 contains the following:
GT3 master cylinder
Girodisc 340mm 2-piece front rotor upgrade set (left & right)
Girodisc 325mm 2-piece rear rotor upgrade set (left & right)
Pagid Racing RS29 (Yellow) front brake pad set
Pagid Racing RS29 (Yellow) rear brake pad set

MSRP: $3538.99
Package 3 Sale Price: $3065

Please note: this sale is phone order only, and not listed on our website. If you are interested, please call us toll-free at 1-888-978-9899.

Sale prices do not include shipping and tax.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Is that the OEM GT3 MBC, if so that is a amazing pricing.

·
Registered
106 Posts
help

how do I order these special package deals? I don't see it in the specials section or the brakes section of the web page.

and do the brake lines fit 987.2 (2009) BASE model 2.9L Cayman?

·
Revhead
371 Posts
so the brakes are less sensitive? i liked my 964 brakes better than my cayman
Depends what you mean by "sensitive." A slightly larger master cylinder will result in greater braking effort for the same pedal pressure, or put another way, will require less pedal effort for the same retardation. On the flip side, it will be slightly harder to modulate the pressure since each small change in pedal pressure will result in a larger change at the calipers.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Depends what you mean by "sensitive." A slightly larger master cylinder will result in greater braking effort for the same pedal pressure, or put another way, will require less pedal effort for the same retardation. On the flip side, it will be slightly harder to modulate the pressure since each small change in pedal pressure will result in a larger change at the calipers.
My understanding would be that a larger master cylinder would require more force but less travel on the pedal for the same braking effect.

·
Revhead
371 Posts
My understanding would be that a larger master cylinder would require more force but less travel on the pedal for the same braking effect.
You are correct. My bad - that what I get for posting at this time of night. :)

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
You are correct. My bad - that what I get for posting at this time of night. :)
Thank you--nice to know that my brain sorta still works

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wow great deal !

Count me in Lemon.

PM sent.

Regards

·
Registered
664 Posts
Well I left a voice mail at 1600 at your company. I want your hours! :hilarious:

·
Registered
80 Posts
i would like to do this but don't want to deal with the pain of bleeding the system. i wonder if it would be easier to push fluid back up to the MS with a syring

1 - 20 of 27 Posts