Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done the standard searching on this forum and google images for a Guards Red Cayman with the Porsche Cayman Design Striping Kit on it.

I am curious of how the red will look w/ the racing stripes. I know that stripes on base caymans are very subjective, but I am very curious how the matte black stripes would look on the red.

Anybody have any pictures of this combination?

thanks,
Ben

·
Registered
238 Posts
Check the thread above this one "My CS in track livery".

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
Check the thread above this one "My CS in track livery".
I think bsnively is referring to the Porsche Design Edition stripes that run the length of the car (along the center line). I am not aware that particular decal is available as a separate kit . . . I thought they were only available when you ordered the DE1 spec car (which for the Caymans were all black).
Might look kind of cool on Guards Red though . . .

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think bsnively is referring to the Porsche Design Edition stripes that run the length of the car (along the center line).
Yup - that's exactly what I was talking about. I guess that's why I haven't been able to find any other colors w/ it.

I had a feeling it wasn't a separate option you can get...these people on ebay must have their own version of it that they are selling (not really a Porsche one)

Porsche Cayman Design Edition Striping Kit : eBay Motors (item 150416831880 end time Feb-28-10 21:48:32 PST)

Thanks,
Ben

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
I had a feeling it wasn't a separate option you can get...these people on ebay must have their own version of it that they are selling (not really a Porsche one)

Porsche Cayman Design Edition Striping Kit : eBay Motors (item 150416831880 end time Feb-28-10 21:48:32 PST)

Thanks,
Ben
What a coincidence . . . jxreef just posted some pics of his car in this thread:
http://www.planet-9.com/cayman-boxster-chat/42544-midnight-blue-black-wheels-anyone-have-pics.html
which features the DE stripes on his midnight blue car - he got them off ebay. You might want to contact (PM) him to see if he is happy with the quality.

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
Silver with black stripes, for reference.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts