Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently noticed some abrasion on the driver's seat vinyl (stock seats). The only cause I can think of is abrasion by the seat belt buckle as it retracts. Anybody else have a similar issue? I've notified the dealer service department and PCNA.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Ive never seen this before, unless your buckle has some kind of sharp edge on it, I dont see how it could do it. Something sharp (or even rather blunt with a lot of pressure) probably caused it. Perhaps a zipper, decorative belt or jean rivet did it?

The good news it that a qualified leather repair company should be able to fix it, however that wont prevent it from happening again unless you know exactly what caused it.

I would think the dealer is going to say "wear and tear" unless you can show them what caused it.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Yes, those don't appear to be wear or abrasion marks. They're cuts made by something sharp, and the seat belt buckle has no sharp edges.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
It doesn't look like seat belt buckle can do that but a pencil in the pant pocket or the metal logo on the jean will do it.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I had a similar tear in the same place in my Mercedes. I have no idea what caused it but I doubt it was the seat belt. I assume it was something on my jeans like others have said. Regardless, Mercedes replaced the leather on the seat bottom under warranty. Hopefully you'll have similar luck.

Reactions: Loaded981S
1 - 5 of 5 Posts