Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know or remember the bit size for the seat belt anchor bolt? It looks like a triple square 12 point, but I need the size to buy a bit.

Thanks to anyone who can remember.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Should be a 17mm socket for the anchor bolt. Edit- may be a Torx T-50 bit. My 981 with buckets has a 17mm anchor on the seat, but my 991 has a T-50 on the pillar side seat belt anchor. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should be a 17mm socket for the anchor bolt.
It's actually an internal flats bolt, not a hex, requiring a bit. I just need the size.
Label Logo Linens Rectangle

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for any confusion. I looked closer at my 991 anchor and as you say it's a 12 pt internal. All of my bits are 6pt.
Yep, mine too... :)

·
Registered
697 Posts
It's definitely a triple square. I will get you the actual size later today when I get home if no one responds by then. I removed my seat belts and had to buy a triple square set to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Ok. I found it on the instructions for a roll cage for a 991. M10 or #10 triple square.

For posterity.

EDIT: It turned out to NOT be the 10mm Triple Square. Still searching.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Thank you for introducing me to a triple square socket. I had never heard of them and learned something new today.

Reactions: PG-IN

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just bought a set at Advance Autoparts, it's an M10 Star Bit SKU # AC835.

·
Vendor
6,510 Posts
Can somebody please give me some directions on removing the seatbelts from the car? I want to change the color and surprisingly I can't find any DIY...

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Vendor
6,510 Posts
I didn’t totally remove mine but the PSE write up I did should help you get to them. I would think it’s a pretty straight forward job once in there. If you find out what the seat belt anchor bolt size, post back here if you don’t mind.

http://www.planet-9.com/reviews/cayman-performance-modifications/p593-porsche-sport-exhaust.html
Thanks, I'll read it. I'm mostly concerned about trim removal. Once I see bolts, I can deal with bolts, but Porsche trim... It's often non-trivial, and the tabs break easily :(

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
Thanks, I'll read it. I'm mostly concerned about trim removal. Once I see bolts, I can deal with bolts, but Porsche trim... It's often non-trivial, and the tabs break easily :(
It has been my experience that you simply have to 'look' at some Porsche trim and it breaks... almost like it knew you were going to touch it! :hilarious:

Reactions: PG-IN

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was too, but it's honestly built pretty rugged since it has to be removed periodically to reach the engine and air filters. All parts have nice insulators and robust clips. It feels pretty wrong sometimes the way it comes off (I shouldn't be pulling this like this) :) but it was totally fine. The biggest thing is know which way the clips come OUT of the slots so you aren't pulling sideways and break them. Look up Voyager6 on here for a great PDF of pulling out all the interior trim to get to the engine topside. Then it's just a few more to get to the seat belts. By the time you get that far in, you will be confident in the process.

·
Vendor
6,510 Posts
I was too, but it's honestly built pretty rugged since it has to be removed periodically to reach the engine and air filters. All parts have nice insulators and robust clips. It feels pretty wrong sometimes the way it comes off (I shouldn't be pulling this like this) :) but it was totally fine. The biggest thing is know which way the clips come OUT of the slots so you aren't pulling sideways and break them. Look up Voyager6 on here for a great PDF of pulling out all the interior trim to get to the engine topside. Then it's just a few more to get to the seat belts. By the time you get that far in, you will be confident in the process.
Great, thanks! I guess i'm getting new seat belts then!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm embarrassed to say that I used a metric allen wrench that stripped the bolt pretty bad, but ultimately got the job done. I've since picked up the right set of sockets.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great, thanks! I guess i'm getting new seat belts then!
Cool, let us know how it goes and post some pics. I've considered this but was not able to source OE seat belts. Even one s from Suncoast are not, I don't believe.

·
Vendor
6,510 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.