Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to post a positive word for Nello and the folks at MaxSpeed for the great service in swapping the webbing on my OEM tensioners from black to red. The whole process from removal to reinstallation took 4 days. The communication from MaxSpeed was nothing short of thorough and professional.

I followed the cosmetic tech article to the letter.

I didn't disconnect the battery. Just opened the doors and removed everything just as the article describes. Left everything in the footwell for 4 days while my tensioners went off to MaxSpeed Motorsports to get re-webbed in red. Reinstalled in reverse order of removal. Went for a drive. No fault trips of any kind. Time to complete: 1 hour for removal and 1/2 hour for replacement total. I actually broke my arm the day I ordered the color conversion from MaxSpeed, so I talked my girlfriend through the whole removal and reinstallation. The only thing I did was jolt the plastic bits off just in case they got injured, so she wouldn't feel bad. All came off in standard Porsche fashion...with a loud crack and no breaks.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'd like to also commend Maxspeed for their 'core exchange program'. If they have cores available and you don't want to wait to send off your belts, I'd recommend this. It's a great process. You pay $210 (plus a $300 deposit) and receive the new seat belts and cores in the mail. You swap out the belts in your vehicle, and then use their box (and free return label) to send your old belts and cores back to them. After they receive the belts, they give you the $300 deposit back.

The install is simple, and the red belts from Maxspeed look fantastic. During the install, I left the battery alone and left the key out of the ignition and got no warning lights. If the vehicle is your daily driver, then this a great way to get the upgraded belts with no down time.

As mentioned above, working with Nello and Maxspeed was nice and easy. Quick responses to emails made the process worry-free.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts