Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm the new owner of a 981 Cayman and it has an Agate Grey / Pebble interior. So pretty much two-toned with White as the base throughout the seat, seen here:
http://www.olivercars.co.uk/image.php?i=/products_photos/uploads/image/837/original/dscf2707.jpg

I'm really worried about the seats picking up little stains / marks etc. having owned my past 3 cars with all black seats / interiors. They never really took much effort to keep clean. (I am very clean in general anyway). But I am worried about this new interior picking up some dirt so have decided to keep seat covers on the seats permanently.

I have been tryin to find good ones but can't seem to find anything definite. Many have recommended WET OKOLE, and I have spoken to them but they do not offer shipping to Singapore at all. I have also spoken to this ebay seller who was recommended, but the price is a little steep at $300 ($80 of it is shipping) shipped to Singapore:
986 996 997 Porsche seat cover 986 996 997 911, boxster, Cayman 1997 to 2009 | eBay

Then i've ordered these three below already but they don't really fit right (they are universal covers) and they are too small, completely stretched at some areas and very loose in others so they are beginning to tear.
1. Universal Machine Washable Durable Protective Bucket Car Seat Skin Cover Black | eBay
2. Neoprene Highback Front Bucket Seat Covers for Car SUV Van Black | eBay
3. Car Seat Cover Black 2pc Set Bucket for Auto w/Integrated Head Rest Flat Cloth | eBay

Anyone have any success getting good covers that can fit? There are tons all over eBay and Amazon but I simply can't try them all and hope for one to fit.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Congratulations on a fantastic interior combo. Had I seen that in person before I ordered mine I may have gotten that.

I know this doesn’t answer your question, but my opinion is that it would be a shame to cover up your beautiful interior. You should try to enjoy it instead.

I would research a good product to keep your leather conditioned and protected instead and then, when necessary, use a leather cleaner to get any blemishes that appear. It is amazing what can be done to bring leather back when it gets truly bad if ever that becomes the case with your seats.

My biggest worry with your seats would be brand new jeans. To be honest I would make sure I did a thorough cold water wash of the pants before wearing them in the car. But as I said, I would just treat the leather and then maintain it when needed.

Someone will point out that automotive leather seats are already treated to death and it is really hard to damage them. And they would be right. But I would still do my own treatments... :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congratulations on a fantastic interior combo. Had I seen that in person before I ordered mine I may have gotten that.

I know this doesn’t answer your question, but my opinion is that it would be a shame to cover up your beautiful interior. You should try to enjoy it instead.

I would research a good product to keep your leather conditioned and protected instead and then, when necessary, use a leather cleaner to get any blemishes that appear. It is amazing what can be done to bring leather back when it gets truly bad if ever that becomes the case with your seats.

My biggest worry with your seats would be brand new jeans. To be honest I would make sure I did a thorough cold water wash of the pants before wearing them in the car. But as I said, I would just treat the leather and then maintain it when needed.

Someone will point out that automotive leather seats are already treated to death and it is really hard to damage them. And they would be right. But I would still do my own treatments... :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the reply! Yes I agree I love the interior color and relly don't want to cover it up. I got this car secondhand and actually would not have gotten it given the choice (just thinking long term durability)

Although it is already very well protected by Leather Conditioner and then a CQuartz Layer over it - I guess i'm just a little paranoid.

I wear jeans alot... and ontop of that I wear RAW Denim which really scares me on the color transfer

·
Vendor
6,510 Posts
DO.NOT.DO.IT

What is the point of seat covers? Keeping seats pristine for the next owner to enjoy, while you have to suffer through years of seat covers? Where is the logic in that? :)

Reactions: wagzhp

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
DO.NOT.DO.IT

What is the point of seat covers? Keeping seats pristine for the next owner to enjoy, while you have to suffer through years of seat covers? Where is the logic in that? :)
Also, just thinking: is there an airbag risk if you put on a seat cover? I’m assuming our seats have airbags in them and that quality seat covers would account for that, but it sounds like there may be a risk to your person with a cover.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Also, just thinking: is there an airbag risk if you put on a seat cover? I’m assuming our seats have airbags in them and that quality seat covers would account for that, but it sounds like there may be a risk to your person with a cover.
It's a good point and I remember reading something recently about it. I will see if I can find it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.