Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been searching for awhile and can’t seem to find a definitive answer on this... I currently have standard comfort seats with heat/lumbar and memory and looking to swap those for a sports seats (not adaptive) with heated, but no memory. Other than losing the memory function will there be any issues? All I need is for the seat tilt and heating functions work.
Under my drivers seat I have the standard connector and an extra memory module and was planning to leave the memory module unplugged.
This thread seems to indicate swapping non-memory seat into a memory car is not trivial but found other threads on Rennlist that says it’s straightforward. This particular thread is also specific to adaptive sports seats and that might complicate things. The seats I’m looking at are basic sports seats with power tilt only: http://www.planet-9.com/987-cayman-...ptive-sport-seat-swap-plug-play-retrofit.html
Many thanks in advance for any insights/experience...

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Haven't done the swap you're looking at, but my experience going from seats with only recline and heat to LWBs with no recline and no heat was that functions that were no longer avaible didn't throw any codes or create problems. When I put the Sport seats back in (the LWBs were summer seats; the heated Sports were used in winter in my 911 GTS) the recline and heat functions worked again without any issues.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback. The complication is the memory option; when I unplug the memory module under the driver’s seat I lose power to the seat but I’m not sure if the circuit is on the seat only in which case the swap should work and I can just leave the memory module unplugged, or on the car hardness end which will complicate things significantly.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Long overdue update on this topic. Swapping to non-memory sports seats was a success and the only work needed was to move the power (red) from the memory connector to the main seat connector. Everything works as expected and passenger side mirror still tilts when putting into reverse. There is already a ground wire (brown) on the main seat harness so no need to move anything else from the memory harness. Before you do any take apart be sure to disconnect the battery otherwise you'll end up making a trip to the parts store to get a new fuse :)

How to take apart the connectors:

red power line on left that needs to be moved. Connector pops out when when you push on the little pin holding from the top

and moved. Leave memory connector disconnected and plug in the main connector to the new seat.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do you have a source for a wiring diagram for that plug? I'm looking to add seat heaters and need to know which connector to add. I think I know from looking at a number of seat connectors with heat and without but I'd love to get the real wiring diagram.
Thanks,
Stephan

·
Registered
29 Posts
Long overdue update on this topic. Swapping to non-memory sports seats was a success and the only work needed was to move the power (red) from the memory connector to the main seat connector. Everything works as expected and passenger side mirror still tilts when putting into reverse. There is already a ground wire (brown) on the main seat harness so no need to move anything else from the memory harness. Before you do any take apart be sure to disconnect the battery otherwise you'll end up making a trip to the parts store to get a new fuse :)

How to take apart the connectors:

red power line on left that needs to be moved. Connector pops out when when you push on the little pin holding from the top

and moved. Leave memory connector disconnected and plug in the main connector to the new seat.

Hi great info.

On the connector that does into the memory module(that you left unplugged) apart from the live and neg, do you know what the other 4 wires are?

I'm trying to establish if the memory module only has 1 live and neg.

thanks
Simon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts