Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a link to a diy guide to removing the seatbelts? There seem to be a few guides on this forum but all the links linking to the guides are broken and I can't seem to find them. I want to send them in to get get the color changed, Thank you!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Didn't know one can the change the color of existing seatbelts. Where do you send them? Is it cheaper than new belts?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't know one can the change the color of existing seatbelts. Where do you send them? Is it cheaper than new belts?
maxspeed motorsports does it for $220, you have to send in your seatbelt retractors and they'll put in the color you choose. Theres a bunch of posts on them on this forum from a while ago but all the links are broken.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would like to know how too, as I just picked up a set thanks to the lead provided by stonekutter!! I may just have the dealer do it, though.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
from what i've been able to find it seems its really easy on the 987 caymans, its just removing the trim over it and then undoing the bolts, like a 30mins-hour job

·
Registered
37 Posts
maxspeed motorsports does it for $220, you have to send in your seatbelt retractors and they'll put in the color you choose. Theres a bunch of posts on them on this forum from a while ago but all the links are broken.
What I'd like to know is why are all the links on this forum/website broken!(??)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Assuming the Spyder with GT2 seat install isn’t much different from the Boxster. Wish there was video to see how and from where to pull off the cover without breaking the clips. That’s kinda my biggest fear. Also, what should I be using as fabric protector? 303 Fabric, Scotch guard?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Does anyone have a link to a diy guide to removing the seatbelts? There seem to be a few guides on this forum but all the links linking to the guides are broken and I can't seem to find them. I want to send them in to get get the color changed, Thank you!
Here is a great one that T-Design did here when he swapped colors

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,818 Posts
What I'd like to know is why are all the links on this forum/website broken!(??)
Ask the new owners. IIRC there's a forum dedicated to administrative questions.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Replaced mine in 987 Cayman 10 years ago using some now-dead links (Planet9 did a monumental screwup somewhere). Anyway, it's not too hard. In general, start at the top and remove the trim pieces (there are 3 if I recall) one-by-one, then unbolt, disconnect the electrical connection, and reverse procedure. Use plastic tools on the top one to pry off, but I can't remember the rest, don't have the car anymore Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I posted a very detailed how to article with functioning pics from right here on Planet 9 up in post #10, so not all the links are dead. Not sure if those of you still needing this missed it so here it is again.

·
Registered
2006 Porsche Cayman S
2 Posts
A month ago I swapped out my seat belts using Maxspeed's service. It was fairly easy to remove, maybe took me an hour to take out and an hour to reinstall but I'm not as good as some people in tight spaces. My only issue is the Airbag light came on after reconnecting the battery and it has stayed on. I have one of the Durametric devices and hooked it up and it read the faults but would not clear the faults. Has anyone had a similar problem? I am trying to avoid taking it to the dealer to clear the faults but maybe I should if there truly could be a problem. Any insights are much appreciated...

·
Registered
975 Posts
The airbag fault is "latching" - once it is triggered, it won't go off even if the fault is cured. The only way to clear the code is with a Durametric or PIWIS. I have successfully cleared an airbag code on my car using my Enthusiast version of Durametric.

·
Registered
2006 Porsche Cayman S
2 Posts
The airbag fault is "latching" - once it is triggered, it won't go off even if the fault is cured. The only way to clear the code is with a Durametric or PIWIS. I have successfully cleared an airbag code on my car using my Enthusiast version of Durametric.
Two nights ago, I tried several times to clear the fault with my Enthusiast version of the Durametric and it won't clear it. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong but I have used it to successfully clear other faults in the past.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Perhaps the fault hasn't been cured? Maybe recheck the connections to the seatbelt mechanism. Just a guess.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts