Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Great photos and thanks for sharing! You have some tough lighting conditions with the setting sun.

What kind of camera hardware were you using?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, Sir for the kind words. I am using an old Nikon D70s with a cheap Nikon AF 70-300mm lens with no vibration reduction. In all honesty, it is a very frustrating set up. I am just waiting for Nikon to come out with a successor to the D700 and then I will invest into some fast lenses, etc. I cannot wait to take some night shots with virtually no noise.

PistolPete, what kind of equipment do you use?

Thanks

·
Registered
568 Posts
Thanks for the photos! We had bad weather this weekend, so I watched the entire race on the Speed Channel. Terrific coverage by their crew.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
tifosi, Very nice pix! Thanks for sharing! Couldn't make it up this year... maybe the next year. Did you caravan up with the Ft Lauderdale/Weston guys?

·
Tennessee Vol
649 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tifosi, Very nice pix! Thanks for sharing! Couldn't make it up this year... maybe the next year. Did you caravan up with the Ft Lauderdale/Weston guys?
Actually, we took my friend's Boxster up there and we went solo as we left Fort Lauderdale at 5 am. What a boring road! Even with a Valentine 1, we are too scared to speed. Ociffers have nothing better to do than look for any infraction. I must say it is amazing how entertaining a Porsche can be even at 65 mph. But we all know that!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The gulf color scheme Aston Martin was my favorite car of the weekend in terms of looks/style!
The Aston sounded like a 94 F1 Ferrari V12. Very nice. Funny, that the 4.4 L BMW V8's sounded more Ferrari-like than the F430's. Nonetheless, the F430's are just divine on deceleration and at night you could see a bit of flame throwing.

By the way, did any one notice that the Peugeouts and Aston were not braking into turn 1? They just lift off and chuck into the corner. At night, you could see that the brake lights were not lit going into the corner. I always wondered how it feels to lift of the gas, you get a 1 g of deceleration (at least F1), then brake hard and in the mean time your car goes to aero downforce to mechanical grip? Just so incredible to me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great pictures from Sebring! Thanks for sharing them.

It was a real shame to see what happened to Bergmeister in the 45 Flying Lizard car. Other than that it was a great racing weekend.

·
Registered
9 Posts
@ tifosi 360

If I may ask, how did you do the thumbnail of your Sebring images? It looks great. Is that something that is embedded on this site?

·
Registered
9 Posts
@ Tifosi360

I thought the Aston Martin sounded divine.
I was very impressed with it.

You are also right about the BMWs. I thought they looked very nice, and was surprised at how well and steady they performed.

The Corvettes were funny. They have that distinct American sound completely different than any other car out there on the track.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@ tifosi 360

If I may ask, how did you do the thumbnail of your Sebring images? It looks great. Is that something that is embedded on this site?
When you start a thread or reply, there is a button on the bottom of the page, called "Manage Attachments". Once clicked, you'll see a pop-up that will allow you to attach up to 6 images per post.

Thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@ Tifosi360

The Corvettes were funny. They have that distinct American sound completely different than any other car out there on the track.
Yeah, the Corvettes were the loudest cars out there. Beautiful machines, they remind me of 1:1 scale Matchboxes, outrageous, colorful...exactly what kids love!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts