Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Sexual Philanthropist
1,001 Posts
Very nice. Been too long since I've driven Sebring and way too long since I've raced there. Did you use to frequent Roadfly?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice. Been too long since I've driven Sebring and way too long since I've raced there. Did you use to frequent Roadfly?
Thanks.
Back in 02-04 used to be in Roadfly when I did trackdays in my E46 M3, and then later in 05 when I had a Lotus Elise, later traded for an Exige S.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Hey Axis,

i just read your blog piece.. great write up! sounds like you had lots of fun.. few of my buddies were down there and i saw your car in a few photos..

good luck this year and hope to see you at the Club Race at Lime Rock..

cheers...

:banana:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Great video, thanks for posting that!

Besides the reminder that I have not been at Sebring in over 12 months and need to correct that right away, did I read it correctly your Cayman did 2:24? (sorry still new here so don't know if you are turbo-man or something like that)

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Thanks.
Back in 02-04 used to be in Roadfly when I did trackdays in my E46 M3, and then later in 05 when I had a Lotus Elise, later traded for an Exige S.
small world.
i used to be on roadfly too.
didn't post much..

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great video, thanks for posting that!

Besides the reminder that I have not been at Sebring in over 12 months and need to correct that right away, did I read it correctly your Cayman did 2:24? (sorry still new here so don't know if you are turbo-man or something like that)
Yep, the lap in the Youtube Vid with telemetry is a 2:24.4. It's a Stock Cayman S (fully stock engine, just headers and exhaust) with total weight + driver of 3180#s.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Wow, amazing work!! Guess you are "turbo-man" after all <g>

I am a poor driver but could not get close in my 997 GT3, and barely match you in my Radical (unfair comparison).

What rubber, and would you mind sharing tqs files if you have them so that I can learn something?

·
PCA / POC Member & Club Donor
1,928 Posts
Well done Carlos! It is great to see another Gen 1 Cayman racing strong.

Cheers,

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, amazing work!! Guess you are "turbo-man" after all <g>

I am a poor driver but could not get close in my 997 GT3, and barely match you in my Radical (unfair comparison).

What rubber, and would you mind sharing tqs files if you have them so that I can learn something?
I'm running Hoosier R6 (245F 295R). I have AiM Pista and can share those files for any track I've run (No traqmate).

·
Sexual Philanthropist
1,001 Posts
Thanks.
I thought the orange triangle was familiar. We seem to think alike, I was on there with my 01 M3, then moved to Elise talk when I got the 05 Elise, then to CC with the Cayman. Did you ever run Sebring with your Elise?

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
I'm running Hoosier R6 (245F 295R). I have AiM Pista and can share those files for any track I've run (No traqmate).
Check out Carlos's VIR times too, impressive!

Can you tell us the full spec on the tires? Diameter and height? I've been resisting a set of Hoosiers but need to at least try them.

Thanks!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I thought the orange triangle was familiar. We seem to think alike, I was on there with my 01 M3, then moved to Elise talk when I got the 05 Elise, then to CC with the Cayman. Did you ever run Sebring with your Elise?
This was my first time ever at Sebring. We have been using the DSC triangle as part of the Logo for AxisofOversteer. Together with AC, the editor, we started it all 8 years ago.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks Carlos if you have the time please give us more specifics about your wheels & rubber (and how you made it fit - I am assuming you have a stock suspension from your posts).

I do have the Pista software somewhere so if you have a link or care to upload that would be much appreciated.

And wait, I just read this was your first time at Sebring?!? Amazing!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Carlos if you have the time please give us more specifics about your wheels & rubber (and how you made it fit - I am assuming you have a stock suspension from your posts).

I do have the Pista software somewhere so if you have a link or care to upload that would be much appreciated.

And wait, I just read this was your first time at Sebring?!? Amazing!
Yes first time at Sebring, but I did play some Forza motorsports so I knew which way the track went... (In PCA CLub Racing, each race weekend has 3 days, the first one being all practice sessions and a "Fun" Race, so with telemetry, some setup tweaking, and following the fast guys out there its not that hard to figure what I have to do the next race day)

My car is "Stock" as per PCA Club Racing Rules, but the suspension is modified with:
GT3 Control arms
Moton Club double adjustable coilovers (900#sF, 1000#sR springs)

I use 8x18F and 9x18R CCW C10 Wheels, with 245 F and 295R Hoosier R6s
Don't remember the offsets but John at CCW knows exactly what fits this cars, and the wider fronts fit no problem thanks to camber (-3degrees +/- depending on the track).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts