Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I was actually thinking about the Cayman Interseries HSR race this past weekend, do you have results from that? Thanks for the other stuff though! :)

BTW I'm assuming something muts have broken on the Magnus Racing car because it only completed 39 laps? Although it's best lap time was better than any other Cayman and would have put it near the top if it had continued to run in that fashion. Any idea what happened?

EDIT: I see it was a power steering problem. OH COME ON! :) They need to read our forums! :) :)

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
BTW I'm assuming something muts have broken on the Magnus Racing car because it only completed 39 laps? Although it's best lap time was better than any other Cayman and would have put it near the top if it had continued to run in that fashion. Any idea what happened?
Nope nothing broke they started last. This is directly from their site.

"Unfortunately, in tech, Grand-Am removed us from the results because the Cayman failed the ride height test by 1/8 of an inch. The test pipe hit an exposed bolt towards the rear of the car, clearing 99% of the car but hitting on that one bolt, which means we have to start tomorrow’s race in last place. But, like our Rolex Series crew chief John Bedell says, “ride height is ride height.” However, the third-placed Audi also failed the ride-height test and has been allowed to keep their position. So perhaps, depending on your car, ride height isn’t ride height."

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope nothing broke they started last. This is directly from their site.

"Unfortunately, in tech, Grand-Am removed us from the results because the Cayman failed the ride height test by 1/8 of an inch. The test pipe hit an exposed bolt towards the rear of the car, clearing 99% of the car but hitting on that one bolt, which means we have to start tomorrow’s race in last place. But, like our Rolex Series crew chief John Bedell says, “ride height is ride height.” However, the third-placed Audi also failed the ride-height test and has been allowed to keep their position. So perhaps, depending on your car, ride height isn’t ride height."
No I saw that, but they also went on to say the reason they only ran 39 laps was because of a power steering failure, but evidently it was caused by a line that got cut somehow.

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BTW, what's the spec on the Grand-AM Caymans?
Engine displacement?
Stock ECU?
Weight + driver?
They are posted somewhere on the site here and on the Grand-Am site, I think the engine size is the same, but there are things you can do to the engine, suspension and weight of course if I remember correctly...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Was hard to see if anyone had already posted this link so I thought I would include it. Click on the link below to see a recap of the race and the list of official results from all categories in this weekend's AMLS race at Sebring.

American Le Mans Series presented by Tequila Patron - 2010: news|14619

You can also see a recap of the weekend's other activities and of the performance of the Flying Lizard team by clicking this link.

58th Annual 12 hrs. of Sebring | 911 NATION

It was a lot of fun to be there and turned out to be a great racing weekend in Central Florida.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Does anyone have the Sebring Results???

For the 20 March 2010 Mobil 1 12 Hour Race. Peugot won overall, 1 & 2. A Porsche RS Spyder won LMP2 class. The Ferrari won GT class with BMWs in 2nd and 3rd places . The Flying Lizard GT3RSRs were 4th and 5th.

The Porsche Platz had about 200 Porsches including a lot of Boxsters and Caymen. The Boxster Spyder was on display in the Platz. On Friday the 19th IMSA hosted a two lap Porsche parade around the course. I really enjoyed that.

The Black Pearl, my AKA 2006 Cayman S. got really dirty from the rain driving down and back. But Friday and Saturday were pretty good with high temps in the upper 70s. Ed

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
From the 20 March 12 Hour Race. Peugot won overall, 1 & 2. A Porsche RS Spyder won LMP2 class. The Ferrari won GT class with BMWs in 2nd and 3rd places . The Flying Lizard GT3RSRs were 4th and 5th.

The Porsche Platz had about 200 Porsches including a lot of Boxsters and Caymen. Teh Boxster Spyder was on display. On Friday the 19th IMSA hosted a two lap Porsche parade around the course. Ed
Thanks but I was talking about the Cayman Interseries results from Sebring a few weeks prior. :)

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ken... I see that no is getting it.

check: MYLAPS Home

Goto: Organizations and find the results from HSR. They are all there. I could post the link but unless you are a member you will not get the direct link. Its easier to just find them.
Tango,
It was my understanding that Ron was going to have his marketing guy make sure we got the press releases both pre and post race with results posted here, but whomever is supposed to be doing that simply isn't. I have a call and email into Ron but haven't heard back as of yet, but I know he's busy, if you talk to him please put that bug in his ear again.

Did Neil really move to Miatas and if so what did he do with his Cayman???

·
Registered
86 Posts
Tango,
It was my understanding that Ron was going to have his marketing guy make sure we got the press releases both pre and post race with results posted here, but whomever is supposed to be doing that simply isn't. I have a call and email into Ron but haven't heard back as of yet, but I know he's busy, if you talk to him please put that bug in his ear again.

Did Neil really move to Miatas and if so what did he do with his Cayman???
Neil is pursuing a SCCA national title in spec miata this season, the Cayman was sold to Steve Jenkins, who also drives the BGB Cayman. It's in good hands.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.