Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The 48 Hours at Sebring is proud to bring to you the most exciting PCA Club Race in North America held at the historic Sebring International Raceway. The course layout is none other than the 12 Hours of Sebring full course. Nowhere else in club racing can you race in the day-or-night where legions such as Mario Andretti, Derek Bell, Hans Stuck, A.J. Foyt, Dan Gurney, Hurley Haywood, Phil Hill, Al Holbert, Bruce Jennings, Klaus Ludwig, Stirling Moss, Juan Manuel Fangio, Brian Redman, and dozens of others, driving race cars built by the world’s great manufacturers such as Porsche, Ferrari, Jaguar, Audi, Ford, Maserati, and Aston Martin. Of Course, no other manufacturer holds more records at this track than Porsche.

It is the on-going vision of our co-chairmen to continue to enhance your experience whether you are a driver, PCA member or spectator. Since the beginning in 1994 our Committee has committed to this vision and welcomes each of you to our Club Race. Significant enhancements over the years have included the addition of Enduro racing in 2003, Test & Tune in 2004 and now Night Racing in 2008. We hope your experience at the 48 Hours at Sebring is the greatest racing experience you have ever had.

As you enter the paddock area, pause at the top of the bridge and open your eyes. Before you is the infield full of tractor trailers, beautiful Porsches, and a host of vendors. While we have been the largest Club Race in North America many years, our goal continues to be the greatest race. The number of CUP cars continues to grow each year where in 2009 over 100 CUP cars participated not only as racers, but also in our Advanced Solo group. We are honored that so many drivers have made the 48 Hours at Sebring their home each February.

·
Registered
54 Posts
As a member new to Porsche and the sport could someone tell me the best days to go to the Sebring Porsche weekend and ticketing and parking etc?I am planning on going on Friday and or Saturday. Do PCA members get a chance to drive on the track at all? I cannot find any further info on the Sebring race track website or the Porsche 48 hours home page.

Thank you Warren

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Sorry, man,.. my bad. Here is the link.

Home | 48 Hours At Sebring

There is no PCA DE at this event. And the Advanced Solo sessions were filed months ago. There are still spots available for Club Racing. This is real PCA racing, requiring race license, and a fully PCA approved race car along with PCA membership and entry fees.

At these bigger events it would not be possible for you to take a few laps with a PCA instructor in his car. This can normally be done at regular PCA DE track events. For you to actually drive your car on a track, you must first sign up and go to a normal local DE event, and then go thru the basic driver instruction course.

Sorry, I don't have any more info for you. I suggest that you go to the race with the idea of meeting some interesting new people, and watching the different classes of Porsches racing. You will love it.

Here is a link with much info on the racing events at Sebring. Have fun!
Thread Breaking news about PCA Club Race at Sebring | Rennlist Discussion Forums | BoardReader

1 - 3 of 3 Posts