Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 Boxster base. This winter, with porsche original washer fluid, everything has frozen. Porsche tech says there was no alchool in fluid. They flush it and replace it. Was fine, except a nozel was spraying on the side. needed to be replace.

Now today, went to wash the windsheild, nothing. Its zero outside, sun shining. try again, and find out fluid is leaking from driver side lower corner of windsheild. Back at home I took a look and the hose is cut in two. I am amazed at the hose they use. look like a cheap plastique that will dry out and broke all the time. It's folding averytime you open the front Hood. a quality ruber hose would be the choice.

Anyone had this kind of probleme yet?

later

wawa

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hello all

Just to update. There is a new part number for the tiny little plastic tub for windshield washer fluid. It seam Posche had a fair amount of this tube broken in cold weather.

later

wawa

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, the same thing happened to me today. Tried to use the washers. I could hear the pump but no fluid coming out of the bonnet nozzles. Traced it to the small plastic pipe that connects from the reservoir to the bonnet. It had sheared at the point it bends between the engine bay and bonnet edge. So I can only assume it is cheap plastic. FWIW my car is garaged all the time so never really experiences temperatures below freezing. So it can't be due to frozen pipes. Annoying but should be covered by warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts