Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to officially say goodbye to my Racing Yellow 2014 981 Cayman S. Today my dealer and I reached an agreement on a Miami Blue 2021 Cayman GTS 4.0. Attached are 2 renderings of the new car and a build sheet containing all the options I chose for the car. The car will be built in October and I should have it in November. This Thursday I sign the paperwork and turn in the keys to my yellow baby. Here is my build:

Exterior Color - Miami Blue
Interior Color - Leather Interior in Black
4.0-liter naturally aspirated boxer 6 - 394 hp / 309 lb-ft
Premium Package
  • LED Headlights with Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)
  • Light Design Package
  • Power Folding Exterior Mirrors
  • Lane Change Assist (LCA)
  • Porsche Entry & Drive
  • Heated Multifunction Steering Wheel
  • Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell
  • BOSE® Surround Sound System with Sirius/XM
Headlight Cleaning System Covers in Deviated Exterior Color - Black
Door Handles in High Gloss Black
Deletion of "GTS 4.0" Decal on Doors
Rear Wing in High Gloss Black
7-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK Transmission)
Brake Calipers in High Gloss Black
20" 718 Sport Wheels in Satin Black
Steering Wheel and Gear Lever in Black Leather
Power Sport Seats (14-way) with Memory Package
Interior Trim Painted in Exterior Color
Seat Belts in Miami Blue
Porsche Crest on Headrests

Reactions: budgetplan1

·
Registered
310 Posts
That Yellow looks great, I like it better than the blue... maybe because the blue is just a rendering...also interesting how near identical the bodies are. I like the interior of your new car with the blue accents.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jeffj

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That Yellow looks great, I like it better than the blue... maybe because the blue is just a rendering...also interesting how near identical the bodies are. I like the interior of your new car with the blue accents.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk
Thanks. Yes, the 981 and 718 look very similar. I love the yellow also, but my last 2 Caymans have been yellow... time for change.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Yes, the 981 and 718 look very similar. I love the yellow also, but my last 2 Caymans have been yellow... time for change.
A real pic of Miami blue...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Lovely! And so I see the PDKs are now available for the GTS 4.0 ... very very nice. I like how your spec seems geared to comfort (multifunction, heated wheel, etc.). That's great. I had to look hard for my new-to-me '16 GTS for some comfort... although the 20" wheels make PASM work real hard to stay comfy when you hit a broken road!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Should be an awesome car. Congrats.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Congrats on the car. How hard was it to find a build slot? I just sold my Cayman and I'm just starting my search for my next one.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats on the car. How hard was it to find a build slot? I just sold my Cayman and I'm just starting my search for my next one.
It was not that difficult. Contact 4 to 6 dealers near you to see what build slots they have. Heck, they don't even need to be near you... buying remotely is real easy these days. Some dealers are charging over MSRP, but you can find those that are not. If you are tracking the car you may want to look at the GT4, otherwise the GTS 4.0 is a great daily driver that is a formidable track car for the occasional runs. Good luck!

Reactions: honghong322

·
Registered
136 Posts
I definitely like the blue interior inserts and seat belts to break up the black and for the more customized look. Nice that people are now able to skip the turbo 4 engine period and go 981 to 4.0!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts