Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm not the Porsche owner but im asking for a friend because we're in need of help.

I'm working and one of our cast members, young kid with salvaged 2008 porsche boxter, locked his keys in the trunk. He left the passenger window down with the system armed so now the trunk and hood release switch does not work, as i expected. We cant tow to a dealership at this moment and the kid doesn't have a backup key or much money. So, is there a way that will disable the security system so i can open the trunk?

I was wondering if i could pull a fuse or relay in the kickplate that cuts power and maybe magic? I assume a loss of power and re energizing the system sets security in return to last state.

Any tips are appreciated.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Ahhhh....asking how to disable a car's security alarm system on a public forum just might be a little scary for us owners don't ya think? I sure hope no one feels the need, out of some irrational kindness mentality, to actually tell you how it could be done. :crazy:

·
Premium Member
5,836 Posts
I have no idea how to disable the security system but if I did I wouldn't publish it on a public forum. I am not saying that you are a crook but there are crooks who could Google "disable a Porsche security system". I wouldn't want that information on the internet.

On second thought, the information might be "out there". Google it and see.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts