Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

Seeking updated info on 19" wheels/ tires for GT4

8K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  cobby 
#1 ·
All of the pertinent threads specific to the GT4 seem a bit dated, so I am seeking fresher input on going to 19" wheels and tires for the track. MPSC2's in 20" are eating me alive, especially since I am lucky to get 2DE's out of the fronts. Barring a better suggestion, I am leaning toward RE-71Rs, which I have used before with satisfaction. Just hoping to get the latest on any fitment issues with wheels as well as suggested brands. I have standard brakes. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#3 ·
The challenge isn't finding tires in the proper sizes, but rather finding 19" wheels in the proper offsets that clear the suspension -- especially in the rear. AFAIK BBS makes 19" wheels to fit the GT4, but as suggested a call to tire rack should get you all the latest information.
As far as wearing out the front tires too quickly, a lowering of the front ride height will put more weight on the front wheels and help with front end grip. You might want to consult a competent race shop to help dial in your suspension -- it will pay for itself over time.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Reactions: cobby
#4 ·
Tire Rack offers OZ Leggera 8.5" F and 10.0" R wheels that fit. The issue is minimal clearance at the F brake caliper. I ran them but switched to CCW TS12 wheels that optimized offset for the GT4. RE71 work fine but I switched to Hoosier. Per Croc'ed , I dropped the front ride height 10 mm primarily to restore proper rake after using a smaller rear diameter tire.

#5 ·
I have the OZ Leggera 8.5" F and 10.0" R wheels on my GT4 and have not experienced any problems. I bought these as my track wheels and chose to go with 19" diameter to have more tire choices. I've been running Toyo R888Rs 265 F and 295 R and am very pleased with them. They are sticky and have held up pretty well. My car has a track alignment and I get about 8 DE days out of these. I have no plans to change this configuration except possibly to try Hoosiers one of these days.

#7 ·
Apex will be offering 19" wheels specifically for the GT4 after their initial 18" release. I don't have an ETA yet. Let me know if you have any questions!

#9 · (Edited)
cobby, Signature forged monoblock wheels for your car's gt4 specs,
F19x9 ET 55 Wt, 19.6 lbs
R19X11 ET 48 Wt, 20.6 lbs
Call Ivan at Signature Wheels, he is the Porsche guy. These are custom made to your specs, color, offset, tire grips on the inside of the wheel to prevent wheel slippage. Please note that you need to specify that you will supply the Porsche center hub crest, as it is a custom size. The GT-4 specs are from Signature wheel deal on rennlist.
View attachment 200298

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.