Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I leave the Vehicle Information screen on in the instrument panel by default, mostly to observe the oil temperature (I drive more gently until that one gets out of the blue zone).
I chose water/coolant temperature, oil temperature, oil pressure and voltage as the four selections, which mostly means that I don't watch the turbo boost gauge.

Any comments on this? I wasn't sure what I would do with that information, although you could say the same about some of the gauges I did choose.
I think most of the time the boost gauge shows a value above zero, it's when I'm paying more attention to the road that the gauges.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I leave the Vehicle Information screen on in the instrument panel by default, mostly to observe the oil temperature (I drive more gently until that one gets out of the blue zone).
I chose water/coolant temperature, oil temperature, oil pressure and voltage as the four selections, which mostly means that I don't watch the turbo boost gauge.

Any comments on this? I wasn't sure what I would do with that information, although you could say the same about some of the gauges I did choose.
I think most of the time the boost gauge shows a value above zero, it's when I'm paying more attention to the road that the gauges.
Oil, coolant, boost, and I forget the 4th one (compass?).

With the boost gauge on, you can really see the difference in boost usage with the 3 drive modes (Normal, Sport and Sport+).
Normal: No boost used unless you really put your foot down
Sport: more low-end grunt (without boost), but then boost kicks in a lot more readily than Normal
Sport+: Boost hits 1-2psi as soon as you even tap the accelerator (almost like it's pre-spooling the turbo) and almost always is in at least 1psi of boost.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts