Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Self dimming mirrors necessary on spyder with top up.? Friend is considering a spyder that is in stock but has no self dimming mirrors
Also is the sport exhaust available or possible to be retrofitted after purchase?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Sport exhaust - PSE can be retrofitted. I believe Suncoast sells it for $2,500 and labor should be few hours.

I like self dimming mirrors, but I am sure they are heavier. In the Spyder less is more...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Self dimming mirrors necessary on spyder with top up.? Friend is considering a spyder that is in stock but has no self dimming mirrors
Also is the sport exhaust available or possible to be retrofitted after purchase?
Self Dim would depend on if he plans on driving the car alot at night IMO.

You can retrofit Sport Exhaust on a Spyder. We have already done that to one Spyder thus far.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Self dimming mirrors are no more or less necessary than with any other Porsche model.

Personally, I don't like them in general; they make it more difficult to see following cops. But to each his own...

·
Registered
360 Posts
If your friend has stubby T-Rex arms Self-Dimming is a must... otherwise he can flip the manual switch like Prof. Porsche intended.

·
Middle-Aged Porsche Punk
997 Posts
If your friend has stubby T-Rex arms Self-Dimming is a must... otherwise he can flip the manual switch like Prof. Porsche intended.
It's not so much the top mirror - it's the self-dimming side mirrors where there is night benefit (and probably the additional weight)

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
In Hawaii there are soo many trucks driving around that I prefer the self dim when I'm driving in town or where there are alot of stoplights, but I do flip it off on the highway to help spot the cops:hilarious:.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts