Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Selling my Gateway 500 Lite and the iPhone lightening adapter. It worked great in my 2008 Cayman with CDR 24, right up until the time that I switched from my iPhone to a Samsung Galaxy Note 8. It's not compatible with that phone.

I've only had it since March of 2017 so it's brand new.

Thinking $170 for all of it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I might be very interested. I have a 2008 base, I believe I have a CDR 24 -- I need to verify. I'm rockin' iphone 6s plus.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool!! Use the Dension website to verify that it'll work for your car. If you have a Bose system I believe it'll work fine with any of the difference to types.

It really worked well for me when I was using it with my 6S plus. I'm disappointed it's not compatible with my Galaxy

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ok. I've got CDR-24 but no CD changer.

How hard is it to install this? I'm very familiar with pulling the radio and getting to the back of it so that's not a big deal.

Do you have the installation manual, etc.? I'm guessing it makes it look like there's a CD changer and then you can use the radio controls to change music on the iphone (and I'm also guessing you can use the iphone controls as well).

I use google play music, spotify, pandora, youtube -- will those play and be controllable like switching to next track?
Any integration with making phone calls (i.e., the other person's voice on the speakers)?

My only unknown is I bet you have to go to a Porsche dealer to get them to make the radio think it has a CD player. Probably something ridiculous like 2 hours labor :)

Thanks,
Dennis

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have the instructions anymore I don't believe, but they are available on the Dension website.

Installation is really simple. It comes with all that you need. Has a harness with about 4 feet of length for positive and ground and then a jumper harness for adding the unit to your fiber optic system.

I think anything that can be played via USB can be played through the system. And yes, you can use either the CD controls on your head unit to change tracks or the phone itself.

From the instructions and the Dension website yes I do recall that you have to have a Porsche dealership change it so your car thinks it has a CD changer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
$170 shipped right?

Location of unit and how fast to ship to 03110?

Can you do paypal?

For installation, I'm getting the impression there's a lot out there. And it sounds like the only interesting thing is splicing into switched power and ground.

Thanks,
Dennis

·
Registered
20 Posts
Can you please provide a link to the installation guide? this will be very useful for me -- it doesn't seem to be in an obvious place here:
Gateway 500 Lite

Thanks again,
Dennis

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the link. I'm hoping and betting you already did the firmware update mentioned there for Porsche since it worked in your 2008.

One more, will this work with iphone 7s plus (charging cable is same I believe)? I just realized, now that you mention, I'll be upgrading soon -- another iphone and I like being a generation behind.

Thanks,
Dennis

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep firmware is all up to date so it's good to go there.

It should work fine with a newer iPhone because of the lightning connector that I bought and include with the sale. The Android firmware changed somewhere and now you can't select USB mode, which is what was required for this to work with my phone.

Should work even with the iPhone X.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You've been very helpful and I thank you much!

So let's talk sale: $170 shipped to 03110? if you want, you can DM me on this part. I can do paypal if you are comfortable, if not, I can send a check but it will take longer, and require envelops, licking, and stamps (fuel to get to a store that sells them), etc. :)

I'm a pretty stand up guy and my integrity is worth much more than a $170 gain through ripping another person off. I believe in Karma too -- so please rest assured, this transaction will go very well from my end.

Dennis

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.