Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling my cayman after 5 months of very injoyable ownership and would like to thank many of you for your help and advice, I think this is one of the friendyist forums i have joined, (and thers been a lot with all my verious types of car) I now own a merc slk amg55 and its a great car, I have not joined a forum yet though, Many thanks again Tim,

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Mercedes makes some great car, but I wouldn't consider a SLK55 as 'selling up'. Nice power, but not a sports car IMO. Enjoy.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont mean selling up as in getting a better car i just mean i have sold and got somethink new, I loved my cayman and it was great car and i will probally have another one at some point,:)

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Just out of curiosity, why would you sell a Porsche after five months of ownership?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just love having new cars,(not brand new second hand) About 5 months is normal for me and the best bit is i never loose any money and normaly make a bit and i get to to drive loads of different cars for a few months, Dont think thers much around the £25 to £30,000 mark that i have not owned, Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
I just love having new cars,(not brand new second hand) About 5 months is normal for me and the best bit is i never loose any money and normaly make a bit and i get to to drive loads of different cars for a few months, Dont think thers much around the £25 to £30,000 mark that i have not owned, Cheers
Wow! That is amazing considering the sales tax etc etc in England.Hope that you enjoy your new car.For five months at least:hilarious::beer:;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All i can tell you at the minute is its bloody fast sounds fantasic and is a very nice place to be sitting, I am off to the nurburg ring at end of may so will no more then, I know it wont handle as well but will be quick down the straght bits, Cheers Tim

·
Registered
242 Posts
All i can tell you at the minute is its bloody fast sounds fantasic and is a very nice place to be sitting, I am off to the nurburg ring at end of may so will no more then, I know it wont handle as well but will be quick down the straght bits, Cheers Tim
Will it hit the 250 km/hr electronic limit on the ring straights? As a follow-on question, can a Cayman S get up to that speed on the straights?

My previous car was a C43 AMG, so I guess between the two of us, Porsche and Mercedes are just swapping the customers around. I'd probably still be driving the AMG if it were a stick shift.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Not sure about hitting limiter down the long straght although i have been 4 times it takes a long time to get to know the track fully so have to be a bit more cautious although the brakes on it are massive and superb so they can help you out of trouble, Not been in my old cayman so can't help you there with speeds, Never a fan of auto's my self but the box suits the car and its a pleasure to drive (although a manual would have been nice) You can use the padels when you want to be more in control when on track or fast rd driving and cruise along at a very fast pace in sports auto mode,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.