Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So My first Porsche is a Cayman S 2007 that I bought like 2 months ago from a non Porsche dealer. It actually has less than 47k on it and on the carfax it says that it had the 60k miles service already performed on it, which at the time of buying, was a plus for me and a decisive factor. I was reading what most of your 2 years posts say and would like to know what should I expect from the dealer. As always thanks in advance for your advise!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Do you have any service history records to show what was done at 60K?

Spark plugs, brake and clutch flush, water pump check, serpentine belt are things that ought to have been addressed.

Porsche dealers can only look up warranty work in my experience. I was able to get the sparse service history on my CPO car from the dealer since they sold the car originally.

Good luck,

Rob

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
First I would find a recommended independant Porsche shop and not a dealer to service your car. If it were me, I'd have the oil and filter changed, the brake fluid flushed, filters checked, along with belts and hoses and also get brakes checked. Independants are ususally a whole lot cheaper than dealers for comparable service. If you don't know an indy, your local Porsche club might be able to recommend someone. Good luck.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I have an appointment to program a key (the car brought only one) and I was thinking on having it checked. I like to work on my cars, get to "know" them better and appreciate how its built. All I want to know is if there is a list of things to be done or inspected at the 30 days CEL. Im also doing an oil change and would appreciate if you guys would recommend an oil brand, how many quarts, grade of oil for Florida weather and a recommendation of a oil filter brand. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Just a FYI:

Porsche's maintenance schedule is not fixed on mileage but more than often it is year based (i.e minor service every 2 years and major service every 4 years) since they typically do not run that many miles a year. Your car is a 2007 meaning that the major service with plugs etc should have been done at least once (2011) and is probably due soon (2015), strictly based on age. So the question would be if the "60k service" carried out even was a major service.

http://www.porsche.com/filestore.as...ork-bmarket-cayman&lang=none&filetype=default

As others have stated already: to accurately determine what service is needed you need the service history records.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess I'll have to check what I need through the records. I dont recall seeing any on the service book but I might be wrong. Thanks for the file including the service needed!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts