Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my Cayman S in for the passenger window problem before the warranty was up and before I reached 20000 miles. After I picked up the car I started to notice a display indication of "service in xx days". Each day it would increment the number of days left. I passed the 20000 mile mark and it continued to count down the days. Finally it reached 0 days and now is says "service now". Is this something the dealer programmed in to remind me to bring it in for the 20000 mile service? How do I remove the message from the display? It is not that big a deal, but I really don't want to go back to the dealer to have the message erased. I did my own 20000 mile service. Thanks. Skip

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
Yes, in the 06 cars, I believe it is programmed to go off every 2 years as a service reminder (irrespective of the mileage). You can reset it using Durametric (if you have, or can borrow a cable from someone), otherwise you will have to take it to a dealer or independent shop that has a PIWIS computer.

Note: there have been a couple of reports in the past of dealers refusing to reset it if they didn't actually do the service.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. I am not familar with the term Durametric. I have the usual check engine light diagnostic tool and cable for diagnosing my other cars, but I assume this Durametric device is different? Thanks again. Skip

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just FYI: I think the every-2-years service reminder is on the '07 as well. Mine just told me 30 days to service -- and was first purchased in May'07, so of course, at the 4yr mark now.

I'm in the same situation, did the regular service myself... so may need to go to the dealer (ugh) to get it turned off.

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. I am not familar with the term Durametric. I have the usual check engine light diagnostic tool and cable for diagnosing my other cars, but I assume this Durametric device is different? Thanks again. Skip
Diagnostic Tool for Porsche | Durametric

It is a Porsche-specific diagnostic device which allows you to read and clear codes, and with the new (beta) 6.0 version, perform some other programming functions as well. The software downloads are free, but you have to purchase the proprietary cable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.