Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, my car has gone through MANY iterations from which many here should be able to benefit. I am now officially done!*

The modifications that I have settled on are:

1. SRP 4.1
  2. Fabspeed catless headers
  3. RS60 tips
  4. Desnork

Combination of these mods delivers an SOLID 35 HP on 92 Octane: (Please note how the power peaks at 6,300 RPM. Sure, you can get a single dyno reading with the bump at 6,800 RPM to be higher. Who cares? - Watch the curve not the peak number.)

The car feels like a GT3, when tach hits 4,000 - it turns into an animal. Pulls like crazy to 7,500 (oops)! Sounds like a real Porsche should sound. Zero drone, but a Porsche flat six wail to red line. Friend with SRP and Borla keeps telling me that my car has more torque. All of this with no apparent drawbacks. Smooth, potentially smoother than OEM, great mileage and still two cats that would put any 90s car to shame in terms of emissions.

Now, I will also venture out to say that OEM headers with cats removed and Softronic flash (no plenum) would get one 90% there at 50% cost with VERY OEM like appearance.

The dip at 3,500 RPM is annoying, you can feel the car run out of juice momentarily. Especially when pulling away from a 2nd gear 90 degree turn when you are rolling so still in 2nd gear, but slow enough to be at less that 4,000 RPM. After market exhausts I tried completely fix this, unfortunately I am not willing to deal with the drone.

*I need to note that EPL headers have me wondering. I do not expect a great power gain, but they appear to eliminate the dip at 3,500 RPM.

Tomasz

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
Pretty nice gain . . .

What did you do with the downstream O2 sensor that is on the stock headers? Did you relocate it somehow to the stock exhaust, or just disable the function with Softronic/Durametric?

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty nice gain . . .

What did you do with the downstream O2 sensor that is on the stock headers? Did you relocate it somehow to the stock exhaust, or just disable the function with Softronic/Durametric?
Physically all 4 sensors are in. Softronic takes care of the rest. I do not know how, Scott would have to tell you what exactly is done.

I am really enjoying the car now. That dip at 3,500 RPM is all I want to eradicate...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts