Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Noob
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have recommendations on SF South-Bay mechanics that can install new brake pads?
I want to get non-OEM ones installed and the dealers won't do it.

Some older thread recommended Custom Alignment in Mt. View, but their recent yelp reviews haven't been the best. Any other recommendations?
Also, can the indy shops reset the warning indicator that comes on the dash about brakes needing replacement? Or does one need to go to the dealer for that?

Thanks!

·
Registered
374 Posts
I've read and heard great things about RMG Enterprises. I have been meaning to ask here if folks on the board agree. I'm under CPO and have only been in for service once, to the dealer.

·
Noob
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have taken my car a few times to RMG, really great guys. But the only reason I stopped going to them is because they lacked the latest software for my car. They mostly work on slightly older cars and at the time mine was the current year model. So they were unable to reset maintenance warning lights etc.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
I like Modderman Service. Had great experience with them for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
374 Posts
Wow, Modderman's Yelp page is compelling, and I really like his corny website. So... THAT makes me wonder whether having a CPO car means I should stick with the dealership service or try one of these great independents? I guess I should start a new thread, or search... sorry to Hi, Jack.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I'd trust Custom Alignment for whatever they do, but I've never had them do brakes for me, I've only had them do tires and suspension. Modderman, who are now next door to Custom have done brakes for me a couple of times, as have Hayer Performance.

I'd trust any of those three.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.