Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
718 Peeps --

I installed the Porsche OEM Short Shift Kit (https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/PK9X1SSU.html) a few weeks ago. It's pretty awesome, definitely worth the $250.

Thought I'd provide a quick report:

I DIY'd the install and it was drama free. Anyone with patience and a few tools (Torx and interior trim/panel tools) could do it without much worry. Total time ~90 minutes.

Between the few install guides & videos out there (same process for 991), you can pretty easy piece together the steps. I saw multiple comments regarding the shift know itself being difficult to remove, I didn't find that to be the case at all (quarter turn the collar counterclockwise and pull straight-up).

Shift knob lowers about 2cm which puts it in a more natural location + shifting feels tighter and slightly more mechanical, but still confident and doesn't make it notchy or any more difficult to move between gears.

All-in-all, a highly recommended little upgrade with a perfect factory part.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks for the note.

Given that I'm all thumbs in normal DIY situations, and would be especially nervous with my Porsche, any ideas what the install cost on this would be (ballpark)?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I recall seeing comments in other threads saying in the $300-500 range (basically, 2 hours shop time).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Excellent mod and highly recommended. It took my tech less than 30 min to install. Part is $250-$300 depending on where you find it. And here comes the proverbial "it should've come from the factory like this." Cause it's true.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts