Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow members. I've driven the base and S Cayman. Love the car, I would say that (I know you're probably tired of hearing this) coming from an S2000, I'm concerned about the shifter. It's not the throw but the rubbery, cable nature of the stock S shifter. Strangely I liked the shifter better on the 5 spd base I drove but I need the extra power, hence the reason I'm moving up to the Pcar.

Anyway, on to my question. Would anyone in or around the Atlanta, Ga area with either the short shifter from Porsche or someone with a B&M shifter be willing to let me just sit in the car and row through the gates. If you would let me run it around the block gently, even better but I'm not assuming anyone would let me do that. If you and I can go around the block shifting through the gears, I might just give you some $$$ for your time :)

I was considering moving to an M3 but I'm not in love with the way BMWs shift. Obviously this is an important aspect of the cars response so I want to be sure I don't have buyer's remorse.

Thanks!

·
Registered
716 Posts
FirstPorsche,

I am not in the Atlanta area, but my CS has the Porsche short shifter on it and I love it. It feals very positive and mechanical. Very precise.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I'm in extreme NE GA and don't get to Atlanta often. If you happen to be up this way, you can check out my car. It has a B&M short shifter. The B&M (and others) is a very precise part, and makes a big difference in the preciseness of the shift. Of course, having cables, it's hard to compete with the best shifters that simply bolt directly to the top of the box. Having said that - I think it's pretty impressive for a remote shifter. I too, do not like the feel of the stock shifter - at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts