• NO - Leave GT4 content in with 981 stuff

Votes: 56 40.9%
  • I don't care either way

Votes: 18 13.1%
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
I believe this special car deserves its own area for discussion. It is too different in both engine and suspension to be bunched up in regular 981 topics. In the long run, if you do this now it will be easier since this is the first in a longer run of GT Cayman cars. I would also break out the Spyder section since the same argument holds true for that car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It will be far too exclusive to justify it's own section. It would be nice if the rest of us regular Camanites could learn about the GT4's foibles and advantages in my opinion.

·
Registered
583 Posts
It will be far too exclusive to justify it's own section. It would be nice if the rest of us regular Camanites could learn about the GT4's foibles and advantages in my opinion.

Really depends. I would lean toward leaving it grouped together.

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
There is not a separate GT3 section, is there? If not, then why make a separate GT4 section? It is still a 981. The Porsche configurator also lumps the GT4 in with all the other 981s.

I say keep it the way it is.....just my vote. :)

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
There are no separate 981 Base, S and GTS sections...and there are no separate 987.2 Cayman R and Spyder sections. Desirability and exclusivity aside, the GT4 is just another Cayman variant.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
There is not a separate GT3 section, is there? If not, then why make a separate GT4 section? It is still a 981. The Porsche configurator also lumps the GT4 in with all the other 981s.

I say keep it the way it is.....just my vote. :)
If we had enough GT3 members and turbo/S members I'd vote to separate them from the Carreras and Targas too.

You don't mix Pitbulls with Poodles ;)

·
4,105 Posts
If we had enough GT3 members and turbo/S members I'd vote to separate them from the Carreras and Targas too.

You don't mix Pitbulls with Poodles ;)
Sure you can.

bc613e2f3e4376562c8268e38d202b23.jpg

P.S. Your signature block takes credit for two 991s you never owned. lol. Pretty cheesy....:cheers:

Reactions: Drjimh

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
In my opinion, segregating the GT4 posts means that everybody else will most likely never read them. I flip through because they show up in the list of 981 topics, but doubt that I would actively seek them out if elsewhere. I think that while the GT4 specific fans may enjoy a forum of their own, it would mean most of the rest of us would end up less informed, knowledgeable, etc.

A year ear ago the GTS was the hottest thing since sliced bread. Now it is the GT4. Then it will be 981.2 4cyl turbos. I vote to keep us one happy 981 family in which individual special interests exist.

steve

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I don't really care, but it may move a some of the 'I've got a GT4 on order and you don't ' or the ' I only want manual transmission to be made to make the car special and hold up retail value' snobbery out of the section.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
It doesn't bother me either way, all I do is click on the new post. :)

·
Registered
666 Posts
In my opinion, segregating the GT4 posts means that everybody else will most likely never read them. I flip through because they show up in the list of 981 topics, but doubt that I would actively seek them out if elsewhere. I think that while the GT4 specific fans may enjoy a forum of their own, it would mean most of the rest of us would end up less informed, knowledgeable, etc.

A year ear ago the GTS was the hottest thing since sliced bread. Now it is the GT4. Then it will be 981.2 4cyl turbos. I vote to keep us one happy 981 family in which individual special interests exist.

steve
I agree with the above statement and especially about being informed of model changes. Not only do I think that the GT-4 should be included with all 981's, but I believe that all Caymans including 987's,987.2, and 981 should be grouped together so that information can be shared both up and down.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
I expected someone will jump on my line, but not with a funny picture. FYI you can cross bread both although it's not advised:
Things You Should Know Before Getting a Pit Bull-Poodle Mix

BTW a priviliged dear member here is mixing both breads in his garage, yellow 981 Boxster S and yellow 981 GT4 that is. Not dogs ;)

P.S. Your signature block takes credit for two 991s you never owned. lol. Pretty cheesy....:cheers:
That I never saw coming!!! Ever... :(

It seems I stepped on your Poodle's tail by mistake ;)

My signature was a public answer to few private correspondences that started coming questioning about an update, answers and which one I ended up with; i.e. the GT3 and turbo. I didn't think my signature would be misleading since I clearly stated what happened to both, not claiming I owned any.

Currently the signature serves as a reminder of what I've become... wise. ;)

Reactions: Mike R.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Please, no ... The number of posts in each forum right now is just right for me. Some of the topics I used to follow, I've stopped following after they had been split off into a subforum with little activity...

·
4,105 Posts
BTW a priviliged dear member here is mixing both breads in his garage, yellow 981 Boxster S and yellow 981 GT4 that is. Not dogs ;)
Yeah I know who it is but I doubt he is privileged. I suspect he worked hard, produced results and was well compensated for it. ....now where is that thumbs up icon?....lol

Currently the signature serves as a reminder of what I've become... wise. ;)
....uh......you've become Porschless.....? lol :cheers:

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
I almost never look at posts by forum or sub forum. I open the home page, look at the 10 latest posts (wish it was more than that...) then to new posts, then to todays posts. Wish there was a quick link to todays posts (as in all within last 24 hours) on the home page... And the mobile version is even harder to get to "today's posts" ...

So I am not a fan of sub sub sub forums.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'd say add it to the sub forum. If it doesn't work out throw it all back to the main 981 chat. Only one way to find out.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts