Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
During the day I park at the office in a designated bay within a tenant parking area
Next to me is an "open" bay.
This car parks routinely here. It belongs to a receptionist working in one of the offices.
The car is in bad shape all around with dents and missing body parts.
Clearly she doesn't value her vehicle.
The roadworthy inspections in SAfrica are very poor and only need to be done when a vehicle is sold so this car can stay like this and no ticket would be issued.

You think I should be more cautious?
I really can't go up to her and say she must park elsewhere.
Am I being over sensitive??
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436527538.285973.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Hey, it's a Mercedes....just kidding. At least she is not backing into the space and, unless she is driving others, she can't ding your door. The car is a beater but maybe all she can afford - who knows, she may be a good and courteous driver. Not much you can do about it.

During the day I park at the office in a designated bay within a tenant parking area
Next to me is an "open" bay.
This car parks routinely here. It belongs to a receptionist working in one of the offices.
The car is in bad shape all around with dents and missing body parts.
Clearly she doesn't value her vehicle.
The roadworthy inspections in SAfrica are very poor and only need to be done when a vehicle is sold so this car can stay like this and no ticket would be issued.

You think I should be more cautious?
I really can't go up to her and say she must park elsewhere.
Am I being over sensitive??
View attachment 60656

·
Registered
850 Posts
Ask for a re-assignment. If not, talk with the girl and see how her driving skill are. Maybe someone in her family doesn't care and she got it after...

·
Registered
299 Posts
Is it left or right hand drive in your country?

If it's right hand drive, you don't have too much to worry about.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Why don't just have a "how's the weather" chat with her, be friend, then "don't worry, be happy"?

·
Registered
625 Posts
A car cover would protect from door dings, although they're a pain to use because you have to keep both the car and cover clean.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
I would worry. And I would approach her as well..... friendly like.....Hey I see you park next to my "baby" every day. I'm glad you're there to protect it from some stranger who wouldn't care if they dinged my car with their door or pulling in. Thanks. I sure would be upset if someone damaged it. Glad you have me covered/protected. Have a nice day.

How's that? Worth a shot.:cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Fire up a GoPro and video her egress in the a.m. If she appears to be thoughtful.......yur set. If she flings doors open and is generally careless.....then maybe you take an action.

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
Hey, it's a Mercedes....just kidding. At least she is not backing into the space and, unless she is driving others, she can't ding your door. The car is a beater but maybe all she can afford - who knows, she may be a good and courteous driver. Not much you can do about it.
I was going to say the same thing, her car in that spot may never be a problem, really tough to react to what you perceive. This is not to say I don't understand your concern...

Reactions: michael818

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fire up a GoPro and video her egress in the a.m. If she appears to be thoughtful.......yur set. If she flings doors open and is generally careless.....then maybe you take an action.
Great idea.
Now to find a go-pro somewhere

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436547418.223051.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Tron... give the girl a break!

Do you know how she looks? Do you know how she cooks?

It's time to be neighborly. If I were you I'd go in a Speedo (you live by the beach, don't you?) and knock on her door. Give her a taste of your Boerwors. Just make sure your wife doesn't find out, otherwise your wife may take your 911 and you end up moving in your neighbor's apartment driving the beater :hilarious:

Reactions: SteveInNJ

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
if she gives enough space to avoid dings on the car it should be ok.
although generally the shape of someone's car does tend to indicate their usual perception of cars where I live.
(the condition of the driver's side door edge is a good indication)

and taking a page out of some of the other comments - If she's hot you can even take her out for lunch? :)
People normally respond in kind - just dont be the ***hole who drives a Porsche.

if it doesnt seem to work or prefer to be non-confrontational you can go for this....
Magnetic Car Door Protection, Car Door Protectors, Car Door Guards, Prevent Car Door Dings and Dents

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tron... give the girl a break!

Do you know how she looks? Do you know how she cooks?

It's time to be neighborly. If I were you I'd go in a Speedo (you live by the beach, don't you?) and knock on her door. Give her a taste of your Boerwors. Just make sure your wife doesn't find out, otherwise your wife may take your 911 and you end up moving in your neighbor's apartment driving the beater :hilarious:
Hahah.
Hasaan. I think the fast is getting to you now...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436583436.765571.jpg

If I try that my wife will definitely "de-wors" me! (Wors is short for boerewors).

For those that don't know what wors is and how Hasaan is being naughty here with his analogy .

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boerewors

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Ask for a re-assignment. If not, talk with the girl and see how her driving skill are. Maybe someone in her family doesn't care and she got it after...
iWKad22.jpg

Like Michael said, the girl's probably making the best of what she's got. Is getting a clear bra on the sides an option?

Reactions: michael818

·
Registered
3,618 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
I think she knows how much your car costs and would be careful in not opening her door onto it. Why not swap bays with her, that way she won't open her door in your cars direction.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts