Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've had my 06 Cayman S for just over a year and love it. It's not my DD, just a weekend toy and I don't track...yet. The CS was my first Porsche and I am in love with the brand.

I've got my eye on a 2010 911 turbo well optioned with PDK and sports chrono. Should I make the move or will I be back to a newer Cayman before long? I love power and don't track so I'm thinking the turbo may be a better fit for me. The CS is paid for and I am fortunate enough to be able to pay cash plus trade in for the turbo.

I know you can't use the power on the street, but its nice knowing I have it and would be able to beat most other cars on the road. I may track it in the future, but mainly it would be for play.

Am I nuts or would you make the move as well?

Thanks in advance!

Chris

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I kinda figured that would be the reaction, but seems like everyone goes back to the midengine Cayman.

So...I'm assuming go for it, the wife says yes...I just have a hard time spending that much cash. Just looking for someone to push me and I guess this is the place!

I'm trying to remove this thread since I put it in the 981 area. Sorry!

·
Registered
291 Posts
tophercayman,

I am a turbo junkie, but before you make that decision, go drive a new Cayman S. You really need to drive one of these new 981 series cars before you pull the trigger.

Turbo is a fantastic car...no doubt it. Will you ever use that much power...No. They are awesome, but something about these 981 cars really are fun to drive and make me smile everytime I get behind the seat.

Yes, you might get beat out there racing someone if your driving a 981, but they better have a really really fast car and be a very good driver to do it.

Just my .02.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Hello All;

By all means: play with all the toys you can afford!

If you "miss" one of them, odds are you can always get a replacement.

After about 40 years of cars, if I "total the results", I WON!

The Cayman is the sweetest car I've ever owned - but I'm glad I've had all the others.

If you've got the dough - get a Ferrari: it may drain your wallet - but you'll be glad it did!

regards,
tony.podrasky

1 - 8 of 8 Posts