Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Subject says it all... does it need to be a dealer service to keep the coverage intact?

·
Registered
832 Posts
"Should/must", No. Highly recommended, YES! First off let me admit I'm biased. For every vehicle I've ever own I take it to the dealer while it is still under warrantee. They not only do a better job at inspecting what is needed, updating any software, and implementing any recalls, it also eliminates any and all issues regarding your warrantee. Unless you misused the car if there is a mechanical issue it's their responsibility no questions asked. In addition you will find that having a thick folder paper trail of all service performed by an authorized Porsche dealer will make your resale much easier and perhaps more lucrative. IMHO

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you plan to keep your Porsche for just a few years the dealer record has a lot going for it. If not save some money and have an independent shop do the service. As I plan on keeping mine until I can't drive any more I'll do my own thank you. For a desk jockey I find vehicle maintenance, care and mild modifications part of the joy of ownership.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.