Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a beautiful day on the Outer Banks of North Carolina today, well at least until the clouds rolled in. I was heading in to work about 2:30 in my 981 and saw a beautiful Mahogany/Luxor Boxster heading the other way. I didn't notice it until I was right beside it and didn't catch the State on the tags. I don't know if it was a fellow P9 member or not, but if it was I want you to know I think your car is gorgeous. 981s are a rare sight out here so nice to see a kindred spirit and I've never seen a Mahogany 981 in the flesh.

Reactions: Nicaboy

·
Registered
671 Posts
Stayed in Manteo a few weeks back. Passed by a sweet dark grey one a few times. Forget exactly where I saw it parked, but it was on the main drag there.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Stayed in Manteo a few weeks back. Passed by a sweet dark grey one a few times. Forget exactly where I saw it parked, but it was on the main drag there.
Manteo is where I live but work over on the beach. The Agate/Red one belongs to the fella who owns the Ace Hardwares on the beach. It was his car and that red interior that captivated me. Hope you enjoyed your time here but sorry I missed you. If you ever head back this way let me know and we can meet for coffee or dinner or something!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Yeah.... that was it! Every time I see that red interior, I get wistful. I wanted to order my car with a red interior & red roof, but my wife talked me out of it.

Loved Manteo, and all of the OBX that we saw, but we came at the wrong time of year. It was too hot, the water too sharky, and worst of all, we came in the wife's car! Looking forward to coming back in season...and maybe take some kite surfing lessons!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol, ahh the problems of beach life ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
Didn't see any when I was in OBX this summer. But OBX rules! What a great place for a vacation

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry I missed you T. Mine and the Agate one are the only two I know of, but there are several 911s and a few 986 & 987s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Were you here over Labor Day weekend? I saw a dark blue 987 on the Bypass.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts