Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
the story behind the car....

I acquired it 7 years ago while working at a small, independent Porsche repair/restoration shop. As the pics below show, it looked quite different than it does now. It also had a twin-plugged, crank-fired 2.8 that liked to run on 112 octane race fuel, 40 Webers that ran out of air above 5Krpm and the funky '70/'71 ""pull" type 911 tranny. So I spent several years of Saturdays at the shop replacing the Webers with TWM throotle bodies controlled by a Haltech ecu, lowering the compression so that it would run on CA's finest 91 octane, swapping the tranny with a Quaiffe equipped 915, replacing the oil trombone with a cooler in the nose, replaceing the droning sport muffler with a 2in/2out Flowmaster with 2.5in plumbing, sorting out various electrical gremlins and backing dating the body to its current "period correct" appearance.

Both my CS and the RSR have approximately the same net HP. But the driving experience is quite different. The RSR is a more involved experience while the CS goes about its business with more amenities and without any vices.

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
Rennlist and 6speedonline are both US sites that have large 911 followings. IMHO once you sort out the wheat from the chaff there's not a lot left, particularly for the 997 area, but that's the internet. Rennteam is an European site w/ a strong 911 following.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.