Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '15 TT's battery died after sitting in my garage for two weeks. Since its a free service, I called porsche road side assistance to jump start. I called porsche at 5:30 AM and was initially told help would arrive within 30-60 minutes. Well, after two more phone calls and some frustration, nothing came for two hours. I got pissed off and cancelled the service. By then, it was 7:30 AM, my neighbour was up, so I borrowed his car to jump start my car.

If you were stranded and in an urgent situation, don't trust your life to Porsche road side assistance. Call AAA instead which is generally more reliable. I sent in a complaint to Porsche, I will see how it responds. Based what I have read so far about Porsche, I am not expecting much.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I had a similar experience with Porsche Roadside Assistance last spring when I had a flat tire on the I-5 in San Juan Capistrano. PRA dispatcher told me that the earliest a tow truck would arrive would be 45-60 minutes and that they would only tow me to nearest Porsche dealer in Newport Beach. In the meantime I also decided to call AAA, which arrived within 5 minutes and towed me, at no extra charge with my "Plus" membership, 70 miles to my local Pasadena Porsche Dealer. So, having Porsche Roadside Service is a nice perk to have, but I would encourage everyone to also be a AAA Plus member as they seem to have contracts with a larger network of tow companies and they also offer you the flexibility to be towed anyplace, not just P-Dealers as is the case with Porsche Roadside Assistance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts