Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Boxster S (ECU tune/Milltek exhaust/lowered springs/sport shifter/Euro spec)
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
Hope you are enjoying a nice weekend. The other day I noticed that the passenger side air intake on my 987.1 Boxster S is kind of sticking out from the side of the car. If I look at the driver’s side, it’s fully seated into the body panel, but on the passenger side it’s protruding out. It is fully clipped into the black plastic frame (which holds it), but that assembly seems to not be property “in” the hole. I realize the passenger side is the air intake for the engine, and my car has a VFLOW air intake. I’m wondering if this mod (done by the original owner) pushes the vent out slightly? I’ve attached a couple of pictures. Any help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
978 Posts
FYI the driver's side (left) is for the engine intake. The passenger's side (right) is for airflow to cool the engine compartment. There's a fan behind there; maybe it has come loose and is pushing on your grill.

·
Registered
2005 Boxster S (ECU tune/Milltek exhaust/lowered springs/sport shifter/Euro spec)
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FYI the driver's side (left) is for the engine intake. The passenger's side (right) is for airflow to cool the engine compartment. There's a fan behind there; maybe it has come loose and is pushing on your grill.
Thanks very much! I always get the mixed up. Both seem to emit a nice engine intake noise when you drive close to a wall (especially on the driver’s side). Grille doesn’t seem to be in danger of coming loose but it would look nicer if it was flush for sure. Thanks for the info!

Not going to bother “de-snorkeling” it, although that would indeed look better.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not normal . Did try to push it in place? It just snaps in.
Thanks! Yes I did. It won’t go in any further, which makes me think the mounting behind it is somehow getting pushed out. The grey grille is tight into the black plastic piece behind it. Odd that I never noticed this, but I don’t believe any work we’ve had done would ever necessitate removing the side intakes (but I could be wrong?)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts