Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

Side by side 981 Boxster and 991.2 cabriolet

9K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  gcurnew 
Nice. Surprisingly, the rear overhang of the 911 doesn’t look longer. Clever styling?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Nice photos OP!

Here's my contribution to this thread. These are not my line drawings--I scraped them off of the web but did an approximate overlay (pivoting around rear axle location for visual comparison of rear overhang) based on known dimensions, wheelbase difference, tire rolling diameter within 1%, etc. Sorry I used the coupe formats for comparison (even though this thread is about cabs).

Nicely done! Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I really like the air intake scoops on the Boxster vs the cabrio. The whale butt on the cabrio doesn't bother me. I really do prefer a second trunk instead of an open back seat for storage. I'd like the cab better if the back seat was more of a storage locker, as an option.

Targa is the best shape. The price premium is slightly absurd. Can't really get into it for less than $120k, nearly double a perfectly decent Boxster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In addition, I suspect that Targa 911 is also better for top up visibility than the cab. My targa 914 is great that way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.