Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
PCA Member
191 Posts
Side lights.JPG

I bought the clear white one's. They are fantastic IMHO.

·
PCA Member
191 Posts
Amazon $ 133.00 shipped last year.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've got the yellow ones (clear when off) .. the led is a better match to the font led marker next to the daytime running lights. They are a nice looking, quick, modification.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes, they look better than the led bulb replacement but costs seem a little high.... anyone find a more economical alternative?

·
PCA Member
191 Posts
I purchased these L.E.D. side markers last April after researching for the lowest price. I saw these same lights at twice the price and others at $ 189.00. I have not seen them any cheaper.

I am very happy with them.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a set as well in white. They're really bright and look classy. Only downfall is they're not a 100% match to the OEM front LEDs on the 987.2 as Steelkite mentioned. Anyone with amber ones wanna trade?

·
Registered
84 Posts
You'll have to show where there are any that look like that for $45... or anything less than above really. I see many of the Depo style (example) but they look painfully aftermarket and those SW Tuning look significantly better.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so far the lower cost options have a different design with square LEDs (like the Depo ones Reach mentioned) - this one has a longer tube design which I prefer.

Also do you guys/gals normally change the rear signal bulb too?

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Yeah I was looking at these,but with the exchange rate and just the bang for the buck they are hard to justify.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for the extra links Jibber and Olivertan....the clear/white ones seem to be much cheaper than the clear/amber ones - will continue to shop around.

·
Premium Member
1,605 Posts
If anybody can find clear/amber for the same price (<$50) as the clear/white, please let me know. I'd be interested in getting a set.

Is this strictly plug-n-play? I don't have to worry about resisters or cutting wires?

Thanks!
-Moto

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
For the record folks, most if not all states require that those side markers lights be yellow when lit in order to be legal. Clear un lit is fine but yellow when lit is a DOT requirement. This discussion was held here years ago so feel free to search for more info.:cheers:

·
Registered
109 Posts
If anybody can find clear/amber for the same price (<$50) as the clear/white, please let me know. I'd be interested in getting a set.

Is this strictly plug-n-play? I don't have to worry about resisters or cutting wires?

Thanks!
-Moto
Same here, I would be interested in clear Amber when lit but for more of reasonable price

1 - 18 of 18 Posts