Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at PorscheStripes and think I might want to get some for my car! I didn't want to get black and was thinking maybe Anthracite. Do you guys think Anthracite would look good on seal gray or would it not really be visible enough?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I like the look of anthracite on seal gray. My car is black and if I decided to put a logo on the side it would be in seal gray.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi, I think you should go with a Black decal because that is the color of the factory offering on any color body. It will look really good especially on Seal Grey because it will give the tone on tone look vs the high contrast. It's the best combo for a subtle custom look. A Black decal on any other color is screaming hey look at me (good too if that is what you are looking for!) and matte Black decal on a gloss black car is really cool I have to say. I think it is a good design look to have a darker decal font on a lighter shade car.. unless you go with a trend/historic look.. like an Orange or Green decal! Now that you've got me thinking and looking at that pic, I am thinking about doing one of those Black side decals.. :)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Just a quick and dirty iphone photo. I'm gonna post some good pic's later.

CU Frank
I think this looks great!

I too am thinking about getting the words "Cayman GT" in matte black on the side with the RS front and rear lines too when I'm done all my power mods. What do you guys think about matte black? It's either that, silver or the anthracite.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I ordered a windshield banner from porsche stripes and ordered the OEM side decals from Porsche. YMMV but in my opinion the OEM vinyl is better quality. Ive had my windshield decal on for 2 weeks and its already peeling off from one side likely from moisture and got torn in another place. It does not have nearly the same give and play. I will probably have to remove it entirely. My OEM side decals are still perfect however and were more forgiving to put on. Id spend the money and get the OEM ones. Just my .02 from my own personal experience...

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Did you her back from PorscheStripes? I sent them two emails this week but no response! And I called them today three times and no one picked up!

Could they be out of business?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts