Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

Side to side movement in strut normal?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  joshua@arcflash 
#1 ·
I have an odd vibration coming from car. Full prepped 987 with JRZ RS Pro struts. When checking everything I noticed the the section of the rest struts where the rod enters the strut sleeve (at strut seal) wobbles a very small bit back and forth. When I grab wheel at 3&9 there is no movement but when I grab at 12&6 there is some very slight movement. Btw these tests were down with car under load (jack stand as far out on axle as possible) and there is no wobble when car in on lift unloaded. Is a small amount of movement normal? Appreciate all your help!

#2 ·
Try the other side to see if that side wobbles as well. Depending on how lowed your car is, the shock rod should be close to the middle of its intended travel. Also, what does JRZ say about shock wobble? They are the experts on how their shock is put together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.