Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had two days at Laguna and on the 2nd day I noticed a little white runoff from the bleeder valve which I assume is brake fluid. Obviously tightening is likely to make the situation worse. Any suggestions? No signs before or after my track days. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It is my belief that fluid is trapped in the port within the bleeder valve as well as in the threads between the bleeder valve and the caliper. I use a small syringe to extract the fluid inside the valve and I installed Speed Bleeder thread sealant on the threads. Not an issue the last two track events following a bleed.

I wrote more about it in my track journal:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had one of my rear caliper bleeders work loose at a track day last weekend. I lost almost the whole load of brake fluid from the master cylinder, it sprayed all over the wheel. I lost brakes and the warning indicator came on before I realized what was happening; fortunately was able to stay out of the gravel pit. Is this a known issue with these cars?

·
Registered
387 Posts
According to the service manual, the bleeder valve torque is 14 Nm/10.5 ft-lb. Somewhere on this site is a link to the service manual. I've downloaded several different versions of if over the years.

·
Registered
34,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Somewhere else I read the bleeder valves was <9 ft lbs but thanks ledbette as I found exactly the info you were referencing. Pg 3318 of the manual I have for a Boxster 2013 says 14 Nm (10.5 ft. lbs.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts